Mountain Buzz banner

River Treasure!

6K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  skywalker07 
#1 ·
I thought I might try to start a thread on great river finds and artifacts...

I found this peive down at rincon on the arkansas yesterday. Any ideas? Maybe a brick?

As an old freind once told me...." The river giveth, and the river takith away!"

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Coolest river find for me was joe camel:

Distal end of a camelid femur, 2 to 7 million years old, this is one of the larger specimens of the about 26 known camelid species to have inhabited north america, this one was one of the larger ones and stood at about 2 meters at the shoulder.

also recovered a Rugegr Mark II .223 and a 300 mag from a sunk drift boat, though I ended up finally tracking the owner down and returning.

#6 ·
Please leave the cool treasure you find out there. Artifacts are disappearing. Eventually nobody will be able to enjoy the process of discovering an artifact at places that were once littered with them.

Oh, and it's a violation of the Federal Antiquities Act. Anything 50 years old or more on public land is protected by it.

#7 ·
Please leave the cool treasure you find out there. Artifacts are disappearing. Eventually nobody will be able to enjoy the process of discovering an artifact at places that were once littered with them.

Oh, and it's a violation of the Federal Antiquities Act. Anything 50 years old or more on public land is protected by it.

Agreed for the most part. Take lots of pictures though, there is still a lot out there to be found.

50 years is over kill if you ask me. Pretty soon you won't be able to pick up plastic trash. There is already a bunch of broken glass and cans all over public lands that is over 50 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

#12 ·
Seriously all I wanted to do was start a stupid thread where people could share some of the cool things they see and find on the river. I see this crap on here all the time people start a thread with a simple question and next you know theres 15 pages of arguements and bickering over stupid crap. So sorry if I offended phil U. And Logan. I was just trying to point out the fact that the mindset of take only pics and leave only footprints just doesnt apply to the real world due to the fact that rivers collect lots of junk and it has to be picked up and left better than when you found it. At least to some of us...

In all honesty no offense meant to you guys. Im sure we all have a great respect for the river and hope to keep them pristine for the future. Happy paddling

#14 ·
You are karmically obliged to immediately drink any beers that you find floating in an eddy. The river gods do not react kindly when their gifts are refused. Be forewarned that they will rise up to smite the ungrateful.

#15 ·
Not trying to change the subject but I found a naked girl of legal age passed out once, took photos, applied sun screen and left where I found for other rafters to enjoy. Hope I did the right thing :oops:

#20 ·
Honest to god my buddy and I were kayaking on the Canyon stretch of the SF Payette one summer morning and came around a corner to a hike in hot springs. There was an attractive young lady in the buff with another attractive young lady ears deep in her crotch on the edge of the springs about river level. I was first on the scene and gave my buddy a zip it gesture before he rounded the bend enough to see what was going on. They were both so into the task at hand that they never opened their eyes to notice us quietly floating by. I didn't leave any footprints but I definitely took some memories.

#16 ·
You are allowed to pick up and fondle these objects, take photos of them, take photos of yourself with them and/or holding/fondling them. Spend as much time with them as you please. Even let them do the same with you. I know it's hard to just leave them behind, especially when you imagine a future with them, but this is how it must be.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.