Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting

Old 02-04-2015   #1
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Recommended Colorado Rafting Classes (SWR,ext)?

So I bought my 14' raft two years ago and I have been spending most weekends of the summer out on the river. I have become very comfortable with class III/IV rapids and I have done a couple overnight trips in colorado but I think its time I learned more about safety and rescue on the water.
I would like to take a course in colorado this year that will help me be safe on the river. I often have people on my raft that do not have much experience and since I plan on many more rafting trips in my future I feel this is important.
What class do you recommend I take? And where is the best place to take it? I hope some of you have some experience with various colorado options and can give me some good advice, Thanks

Treswright3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015   #2
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: '05

Rocky Mountain Adventures in Fort Collins.

Dude, I'd see you on the river but I'm hardly ever out there.
SimpleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015   #3
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Seems to me it is time to take a swift water rescue class, also an advance level firist aid class would be benifical

shredder-scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015   #4
Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
just curious. what class 4's have you been getting comfortable with?

............. sounds like you all ready have boating skills... and like mentioned , its time for SWR and WFR if you really want to take safety to the next level...

you may consider taking your Swift water Rescue on a river that you plan to spend a lot of time on... or if looking for an adventure try going to a new area to expand your repertoire...

I know Dvorak is one of the most trusted names in Colorado SWR....

have fun!!!
GratefulOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015   #5
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Yep, I want to take a Swift water rescue class and have been looking around, Anybody have a recommendation on where to take it? Im sure some of the courses are better then others.

Dvorak has several courses they offer, any idea which one would be the most beneficial?
Swiftwater Rescue - Instructional Courses | Dvorak Expeditions| Colorado's Best Rafting & Fly Fishing Trips
Treswright3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015   #6
Durango, Colorado
4CWW Private Boaters Course: Private Boater Course | 4 Corners Whitewater

storm11 is offline   Reply With Quote