Mountain Buzz banner

Rafting the Middle Kings in California

6K views 20 replies 20 participants last post by  yetigonecrazy 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Thanks for bringing that to the masses. I'm certainly not planning on seeing that run first hand anytime soon (ever!). But lawdy is it beautiful.

#7 ·
That's freakin awesome. I'm only disappointed you lost the upper footage and the video was so short because I didn't want to stop watching you guys making those moves. Huge props, that is quite the audacious expedition. The bar has been raised once again.

#20 ·
The raft was an AIRE 13D which we put through a lot of abuse throughout the trip and it came back without a scratch. There is no other raft I would have taken in besides an AIRE as they take a beating and perform very well which was crucial on that river. We took watershed bags which were crucial as we had a lot very important items, including my blood testing stuff and the spot in case we needed a rescue, and the bags came back looking like new even though we put them through a very large amount of abuse on the hike in and the portages. The paddles were sawyers guide paddles which we definitely needed as many of the slides were low volume so the blades took a lot of abuse trying to keep our angles dragging them on the granite. The trip is truly amazing and definitely worth it but be prepared to run a lot of very hard nearly unrunnable rapids and get mules to hike the gear in as I would not recommend hiking a raft in there as if was miserable to say the least.

#21 ·
This video would be better with about 3x more SUP. Also what cooler did you use? Did you launch at Marsh or Boundary. Can you tell me what all the rapids will be like at -2?

Seriously, bad fuckin ass. that is a top tier kind of adventure. mucho props to you guys and your huge sacks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.