Old 07-05-2012   #11
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Great advice!

We've been rafting for quite a few years now but have always struggled to find helpful books which unnerves me as we take river safety so seriously. Thank you everyone for sharing your knowledge about helpful books. I can't wait to buy them! What a great community of people willing to share knowledge. Have a great day on the river! Your advice will help countless folks out there, my family included.

ttr230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012   #12
Louisville, Colorado
Label your stuff and it is more likely to come back to you. Every paddle, oar, cooler, life jacket, and throw bag should at least have an email adress or phone number. I believe you are required to have your name and address on the boat itself in many states. We color code our kitchen stuff and cam strap buckles so they are easy to sort from other peoples.

catwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012   #13
Renaissance Redneck
Huson, Montana
Paddling Since: 1988
Originally Posted by Smaloney18 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I just purchased my first raft. IT is 14' with a fishing frame. I am trying to find rafting regulations so that I make sure I have all the right stuff on the boat. I cant seem to find them on the internet. Any help for the rookie would be greatly appreciated.

When I first read this I thought you were a troll trying to start shit about all the Pimp My Raft threads.
So anyway, make sure you have an accessible storage near the rowing seat for personal gear and a separate cooler from the main cooler so you're not opening that one all day.

"You're gonna be doin a lot of doobie rolling when youre LIVIN IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER"
LSB is offline   Reply With Quote