Old 04-25-2006   #1
SLC, Utwah
rafting plateau creek?

Has anyone rafted or have seen anyone raft plateau creek? I'm thinking about putting an 11 footer on it tomorrow afternoon with 2 people.

AndTheLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #2
Have not seen it done. But i would feel comfy bouncing an 11 footer down. sj

sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #3

Let me know how it goes - I was thinking of dropping my 12 footer in this weekend and would appreciate the scoop.
Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #4
I ran down it on sunday in a kayak and I can only remember a couple boney sections. If it has stayed warm your way, you should have no problems!
sandoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #5
Denver via GJ, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
I also kayaked Plateau on Sunday. We saw someone in a small raft (not an IK, but a short raft) accompanied by a kayak. A freind I was with also said that they had rafted it in the past. I do not have alot of rafting experience but would guess above 1,000 would be fine if you pick the right lines. I scraped 3-4 times in my kayak in the main flows. Estimated flow on our trip was about 900-950 CFS.
-k- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #6
rafting plateau creek

I have rafted PC in my 11' Puma a few times and it is a fun run. I think around 1000cfs is the lowest I have done it and there's a few rocks to watch for, especially on the last drop/curve before the takeout just upstream from I70. At higher levels mostly just holes and fast water.
Di is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #7
SLC, Utwah
recap on the trip...... We ended up doing this with 3 people and we had a great time. We were rubbing bottom in a few places but that was the only bad thing to say. While we were infalting the boat next to the highway a sheriff pulled up and we started talking about access to the creek. He said he wanted to look into exactly where the public access is and wants to post it. He did not mention if landowners were having issues with this, he just wants better signage. He was a nice guy and just told us to move up the highway a bit onto a pull out with a better put in. He wasn't sure if it was public or private but told us he would take responibility if anyone had a problem with it. The only person we saw was a kayaker getting ready to put in a few miles after our put in.
AndTheLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #8
pc is good above 500 cfs

yodakiva is offline   Reply With Quote