Rafting near Flagstaff - Mountain Buzz

Old 2 Days Ago   #1

Golden, Colorado
Rafting near Flagstaff

I have recently been getting more into fishing and overnight rafting trips. My neighbor is selling his 13' Aire boat that is outfitted very well for fishing and short river trips. I am thinking about buying it, and I'm very familiar with the sections of river in Colorado and eastern Utah.

The question I have is, I will be moving to Flagstaff at the end of the summer, I would like to know from people that live down there if it is worth having a raft. From what I can tell there are relatively limited river segments in the area. What are some of the options for weekend trips in the region?

ScottKrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Days Ago   #2

Vail, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottKrank View Post
I have recently been getting more into fishing and overnight rafting trips. My neighbor is selling his 13' Aire boat that is outfitted very well for fishing and short river trips. I am thinking about buying it, and I'm very familiar with the sections of river in Colorado and eastern Utah.

The question I have is, I will be moving to Flagstaff at the end of the summer, I would like to know from people that live down there if it is worth having a raft. From what I can tell there are relatively limited river segments in the area. What are some of the options for weekend trips in the region?
You always have the Co through the Grand. The Verde and Gila are too small for a 13' boat, you can definitely run the upper Salt in that boat.
AzPackrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #3

flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1995
depends? bro!
shoptech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #4

prescott, Arizona
Paddling Since: 2001
We live in Prescott and raft quite a lot. If your willing to drive; Colorado, Utah are not far. The salt would be great in your raft.
Prescott Fields is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
rafting