Old 05-08-2015   #1
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Rafting ideas for WY and MT in late June

Im pulling off of Gates of Ladore on June 28th and I don't have to be at work for another 8-9 days. I'd like to spend as much time on the river as possible during that time. I have some family in the Jackson area so Im going to head there, but besides that Im free to go anywhere in Wyoming, Montana, or even Utah. I would appreciate any advice on good day floats or multiday trips that I can run that week. Thanks

Treswright3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015   #2
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Need a free chef?

I am a professinal trined chef that has worked for OARS rafting compny before for their VIPS cooking and looking for a trip June 21 through July 4. Will work for free if all expensives are paid from Denver and I get a equal share of the tip. Happy to send menu that I have cooked before.
David Straus
303 809-1042

agreatchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015   #3
Gypsum, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
You could hit the Snake outside of JH, putting in below the dam and float to town if you wanted. Mellow, really beautiful with incredible views of the Tetons, just have to watch out for the diverging channels. You could also do the Snake in Idaho outside of Victor, just on the other side of the pass from JH. Also mellow but some incredible fishing. We got a lot of strange looks on that stretch from stuffy fisherman because we were literally the only rubber on the water. Dories everywhere. There was a fun float starting in Gardiner, MT, just outside of the north entrance from Yellowstone NP on the Yellowstone river. The put-in at town was burly but the rapids between there and the airport put-in might have made it worth it. There seemed to be plenty of challenging rapids as you get into the canyon there but we didn't go that far. We hit all three of those floats in a week long road trip.
hduncan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015   #4
Madison River west of Bozeman. Kitchen Sink is a big class 4 rapid otherwise everything else is pretty mellow III-, Gallatin has some good day runs. Green River below Flaming Gorge dam can be a 3 day float. Boulder River has a bunch of Class 3 and 4. Yellowstone River. I would second the snake near victor for mellow multiday float
vardaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015   #5
BZN, Montana
Paddling Since: 2008
Beartrap, Snake, Yellowstone, Clark Fork (Alberton Gorge) are the late summer staples which will have enough to float you come late June.
The sunshine walked beside her
glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015   #6
Placitas, New Mexico
Paddling Since: 1989
The Snake river Canyon below Jackson Hole is a great day run. The Grays river valley is really good camping just down the road. I guess you could try your hand on Snaggle tooth on the Grays. The South Fork of the Snake is a flat run but nice camps/fishing for a two night run. It's just across the border in Idaho.I would like to get on the Green below Flaming Gorge but I haven't had the time when I've been up that way.

tcat is offline   Reply With Quote