A lot of my favs have been covered, but here's a few more
1. Carry First Aid, rescue, and repair stuff and know how to use it.
2. Always carry a few extra carabiners & cam straps
3. Always do a safety talk before you launch, even seasoned rafters need reminders
4. Never, Ever "help" someone with their boat at the put-in or take-out unless they ask you to. If you start "helping" them rig or de-rig their boat without permission you may find yourself cam strapped to a tree.
5. Always be prepared for bad weather. It can change in river canyons in a heartbeat
6. Be helpful and have a good attitude.
"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love....and then we return home."
Australian Aboriginal Proverb