Old 09-10-2014   #21
Charleston, West Virginny
Paddling Since: 1996
My uncle brings his 2 labradoodles with him all the time in his 16 ft cat. His cat has a huge flat a 12'x7' flat deck (only hole is captain's bay) covered with outdoor carpet. It makes it really easy for the dogs, him (getting old) and my dad (gettin old and lost half a foot which= balance problems) to get around the boat without issues.

I waited too long to get my dog used to boating, or maybe I waited too long to get into boating? She loved wading (not swimming) but if you could trick her into getting on a boat, no matter how large, that solid mass of muscle tuned into a 160lb bowl of cowering and quivering jello. THEN you'd have to pick her up to get her out. Not an easy task.

2kanzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014   #22
poncha springs, Colorado
this is how we roll....been doing it this way for years....don't know why you couldn't rig something similar on a cat
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	just another float with kate and the dogs 012.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	8966  

kingfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014   #23
Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
I love all the photos of everyones' water dogs. We have two geriatric labs--one is 11 and has cancer, the other is 15.5 and just an antique (and lost another at 13.5 four years ago). Thank you all for sharing. It does my heart good and brings back some fond memories. Enjoy them, they don't live as long as we do.

We didn't ever run anything bigger than Class 1 with them, and they'd generally run the tubes until they got exhausted and then sit on the floor.
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014   #24
East of the Pine beatle, Colorado

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

Osseous is online now   Reply With Quote