Old 11-14-2011   #21
Kremmling, Colorado
User days are a discretion of the authorized officer of that field office, depending on goals set in management plans, etc. Permit transfers can be limited to historical use, but that is also at discretion of the office. Our office does not limit user days, even upon transfers; an adjoining office does. So for my office, you do not speak a "truth". And I have been here for 4 seasons and still going, trying to get better and better at learning the rules and helping outfitters understand them. Following government rules is never "fun" but I would like to think that most of the outfitters that work with me for their permit administration don't feel like I'm a rat. If they do, I hope they tell me, so I increase my standing to dog.
p.s. If you call the BLM office where you are interested in buying a rafting company, I'm sure they will tell you the rules so you can make a good decision.

Teri Parvin
Rec Asst, BLM Kremmling
tparvin at
Teri_at_BLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #22
You should be able to call - 970-638-9742

CRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #23
Thanks T!
Old 11-14-2011   #24
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Sounds like Ducks R Us has had some bad experiences with BLM. While I've never dealt with them professionally, I have had only positive experiences with the BLM staff in this area, Teri included. Thanks guys.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #25
Thanks for all the great comments & information. I'm back, sorry if I didn't reply to you quickly enough. Please call or email.
Old 11-20-2011   #26
aspen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1957
blm's story changes every day..all i am saying..if you purchase a rafting company..blm will , and has "pulled" permits from outfitters with "no" warning for non use..and has held outfitters to historic use on permit transfers as late as 1/1/2011. (if you are a prvate boater..then you have very little experience with BLM ) and their ever changing policies. For the BLM to "admit" ...Historic river use on permit transfers is at their "disrection" clearly shows what I am warning everybody of and proves there is no concrete policy and a future of commercial rafting hangs on "discrection" ? really....l
ducksrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011   #27
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Hi Ducks,
It looks like you were selling a raft company about this time last year. How did that go? I am guessing that Teri's cohorts at the BLM for that area pulled the Gore permits when you tried to transfer them? Would love to hear the story, PM me if you'd prefer to keep it quiet. I ask because I have an active interest in buying a raft company.
eklars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #28
are you the guys who got Raven's stash?
willieWAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011   #29
Not sure who you are talking to - we did not get Raven's stash. We are still trying to sell our company though.
Old 11-25-2011   #30
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Originally Posted by willieWAO View Post
are you the guys who got Raven's stash?
Willie I think masters bought up raven.

ccombs is offline   Reply With Quote