Raft Cleaner? - Page 2 - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-10-2016   #11
Jared

Dundee, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1989
303 is great, but it really does make boats slick. I use NRS boat cleaner too, still need to try the Mr. clean stuff too.

Advertisement

Old 07-11-2016   #12

Banner Elk, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 1992
LA's Totally Awesome! It costs $1 at Family Dollar or Dollar General.
Non toxic or corrosive and a heck of a lot better than Simple Green and much less expensive than boat cleaner.
Star Inflatables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016   #13

Niwot, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Inflatables View Post
LA's Totally Awesome! It costs $1 at Family Dollar or Dollar General.
Non toxic or corrosive and a heck of a lot better than Simple Green and much less expensive than boat cleaner.
And I was wondering what Lance (Armstrong) was up to these days. Good to see he's keeping busy
Old 07-11-2016   #14
18' Kodiak

None Ya Creek, The Last Best Place...
Paddling Since: 1996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Read_N_Run View Post
Mild soap & water, NRS boat cleaner, magic eraser and then 303 once a year. Aire only recommends 303ing it once a year. I will also only use the NRS boat cleaner at the end of the season as well but soap & Magic eraser as often as needed.
I think Read N Run nails it here. Although the Magic Eraser hasn't panned out as well for me. Only because I couldn't get the result I was looking for. But it's a staple for lots of folks. Everything else mentioned above works great. I only do the 303 at the end of the season as mentioned. Most times just blasting it with a hose is fine in season. And ya, your going to get fish guts, blood, beer, coffee grounds, and who knows what else on it in season. One thing you might want to try is to have a few shots of Tito's vodka before you clean it. Once your done it will look great. Relax... The new boat Anxiety will go away. Take care of it. It will look great for a long time.
evL_MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016   #15

Niwot, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by evL_MT View Post
....One thing you might want to try is to have a few shots of Tito's vodka before you clean it. Once your done it will look great. Relax... The new boat Anxiety will go away. Take care of it. It will look great for a long time.
+1 - storing it clean is really my only goal - anything left over from the previous trip is just "lube" for the next one.