Old 09-25-2013   #21
Adventure Tour Guide
Bend, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1980
Originally Posted by brendodendo View Post
Changing topics here a little.

Wanted to show some of the products that I have used on my super puma for storage. I think these will work with the puma and have used the 2 bags on a minimaxx as well.

NRS Saddle Bag Cooler: Works great in any paddle raft. We usually carry some beers and lunch. Straps in tight and keeps things in place. I also throw my Wonder Pump- Super 4 in. (I want to replace this with a K-Pump Mini)

Aire XL Splashproof Pocket: This thing is great. I attach it by running the straps through the laces in the SuperPuma (just like the thwarts are attached) or through the drain holes in the minimaxx. It holds two .50/.30 cal ammo cans with room for small strap bag and pin kit. I use one .50 can for fist aid and another .30 can for personal items. Modify the center strap so that it attaches around the thwart.

I picked up a Aire Thwart Handle this year. Not so much for use as a handle, but for the d-rings. A great place to stow the throw bag or a Nalgene bottle.

Have been running a flip strap across the bottom of the boat for a few years now. It is tied to the floor lacing and is stretched tight ( a tiger) when the floor is inflated.

I also have a number of quick link chain that I attach through the lace in floor. They are great as gear attachment points and can be used to thread straps through to hold the load in. They are also available in a "delta" shape that might be better for 1 inch straps.

I'll post a few pictures of the setup when I set up the boat again.
That's cool. I'm thinking of adding a couple climbing type daisy chains through the floor loops to secure my dry bag to, right in the rear nose of the boat. That way it's out of the way, even if I'm in the guide seat but quickly accessible.

I wonder if anyone uses these:
#497 - Thwart Saddle Bag | Bags & Storage

Charles Myrick | Owner
33North Adventures
Pinkturtle is offline   Reply With Quote