Old 08-09-2016   #111

East of the Pine beatle, Colorado
Wow~

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

Osseous is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2016   #112

Glad you got your boat back. I would be really interested to see how the fabric holds up long term? Boat looks new again so hopefully you get years of service out of it.
Oc1paddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016   #113

Bend, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Yikes😬!! I am a Sotar owner. I brag about my boat. My boat brags for me when I'm on the river. It is a Corvette on the water. Please SOTAR, stand up and do the right thing here. The boat should be replaced at no cost. Help me keep bragging about your bad ass boats. They ARE bad ass and in my experience rarely fail, so if one does fail.....Replace it. I will buy one more raft in my career, and I always figured it would be another SOTAR, but this warranty issue may really make me think twice?

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
firejenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016   #114

Bend, Oregon
Sorry. All of this thread did not load for me. Glad you got your boat back.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
firejenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016   #115

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Paddling Since: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denray View Post
Nothing changed my mind about allowing the repair. They just did it and sent the raft to me. I believe it's a 1 yr warranty on repairs.
I just read through this whole thread. Wow has it been an eye opener! But.. So you bought a Top of the line boat with a ten year warranty but now that it has been repaired you only have 1 year left on the warranty?
rapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016   #116

Nye, Montana
Paddling Since: 2012
Rapid,

I was wondering that also...
Mattchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016   #117

Nye, Montana
Paddling Since: 2012
Rapid,

I was wondering that also...
Mattchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016   #118

Belgrade, Montana
I'm not trying to speak for the OP, but my impression was that the 1 year warranty was just on the repairs, the remainder of the boat has the balance of the 6 year warranty his boat had. They didn't go to 10 year warranty until 2014 (I believe - I know it was a few months after I bought mine).

The whole thing is obviously a bit dubious given this prorating BS. If he (we unfortuneately) have a problem at 70 mos, my guess is the prorated value of our boats is going to be like 200 bucks....
Old 08-15-2016   #119

NorCal, California
Paddling Since: 91
So Sotar offered to completely repair the boat under warranty and the guy is mad he didn't get a new boat? I had to take my truck into the dealer for warrantly work and I didn't expect a new truck, I expected them to fix the problem.
How do I know they would or could repair the boat? Sotar SAID so right here with a post. I've had nothing but good luck with Sotar, for instance a couple of years ago I needed to repair some small holes in the bottom of my 15.5 ft round boat that were MY fault, dropped off the boat and Sotar fixed it for no charge. Another boat a 13' Cat shipped with some minor scuff marks that were into the material but didn't leak. I called Sotar and they offered to fix them at no charge including shipping OR give me a couple hundred dollars store credit and send me the Lexitron stuff to repair it myself. Of course I took the credit and did the repairs myself.
That's been my experience with Sotar, my next boat will be a Sotar but the ones I have will probabaly outlive me.
Wavester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016   #120
Was here

Southern, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1983
Wavester, I believe the OP (and others here) are recognizing full-failure of that run of boat fabric, which is hardly comparable to getting your truck repaired under terms of its factory warranty. I'm not even sure which components to describe as a similar comparison allowing you that "ah-ha" moment, but start thinking lemon-law issues to get you closer. After all, the fabric showed multiple areas of failure and SOTAR admitted a bad run from their supplier. Hardly an even comparison with your truck. I hope this offers some better perspective, and I hope I'm not out of line here.

My biggest concern is still the fix being "lipstick on a pig" and would have serious concerns if a SIMILAR failure on my vehicle occurred. The pro-ration topic is something I'll have to ponder a bit longer, but definitely would be less concerned on my $3K RMR (which snobs call poverty boats? ? ) than a $6K SOTAR.

Take care.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mountain Buzz mobile app