Mountain Buzz banner

Need info on rafting the Poudre this Sunday

Tags
rafting
1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  yourrealdad 
#1 ·
I'm wanting to take my 13ft. paddle raft out this Sunday in the Poudre. I was thinking of running the Upper and Lower Rustic runs. and was wondering if anyone has ran them this year on a raft yet or had any info I could use, or dangers to scout for.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron

#2 ·
What kind of experience do you have. The Poudre is at a great flow right now for folks with technical rafting experience. There is alot of areas that are hard to read and run in the poudre park area. Pineview is a big hit. If your new to the river I would suggest portaging poudre park until you get the feel of the river. there is alot of wood that has moved around lately.

#3 ·
There's some threads from a week or two ago about U/L Rustics you can read. Scout for the usual....rapids. D by D and hole 99 on lower. White mile on the upper. There are some other random holes you can't see from the road.Keep an eye out for wood and some blind channels. You should be able to slide under Indian meadows bridge....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.