Old 03-31-2012   #11
portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Its a Dave Scadden Class V rated boat

Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it "guaranteed", I will. I got spare time.
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012   #12
GF, Montana
Paddling Since: 1983
Hey Mogur, great pic. I blieve that the boat in your pic is a Udisco import. The Udiscos(210 denier noeprene fabric) were that grey/blue trim color and increasingly larger bow tube diameter. I don't remember where they were manufactured, mabe Korea? The pic from the OP appears to be the yellow/blue configuration with continuous diameter tubes that Stansport imported from China during the late 70's to the middle 80's. Both had the small diameter brass valves.

Now on to the more imporant bit about that pic... Mogur, You would seem to be a great father. You built a frame and oars and taught your children how to use them. You Sir, have my respect. I hope your children appreciate the gift. It seems that there are fewer men who pass this onto their kids. My father is one of those men and I hope to pass this onto my son.

AirEms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012   #13
Summit County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Who cares who made it! It floats and look at that big smile from the little guy sitting in it.........I think that says enough! Inspect it for river worthyiness and get that little guy on the river!!

SummitSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #14
Poway, California
Originally Posted by JohnsMom View Post
I found this boat at our local thrift store. It was rolled up nicely with a price of $5. My first thought - cheap patch material. I bought it without even unrolling it. When I got home, I was delighted to find that it was a nice little boat in good condition. There is no information on the boat that could be linked to a brand. There are very small brass valves.
Any guesses?
I have the same boat but have lost the brass valves. ANyone know how I can replace them?
WT23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #15
Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1990
I vote Udisco. Try finding some threaded brass plugs at your harware store. You could get lucky!
GC Guide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #16
Reno, Nevada
Paddling Since: 1975
Buddy and I did the same back in the early 70's. Wood frame--good to go, flipped it many times in class 3.
varmit4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #17
Wow, that was the day. We also built 2 by 6 frames for those boats, Udisco seems right, back in the late 70s early 80s. Ran alot of 4 and even some 5 with them, typically resulting in lost gear, and trips to the ER. As idiotic as that seems, we were smart enough to wear wetsuits, vests, and helmets. After a particularly poor preformance on the lower narrows in 83, where I "saw the light coming" before I washed out, we got smart [er] and bought some campways MIWAKs. Funny thing, those Udisco's ended up being dragged as beer boats on our multiday desert trips as well. Convergent boater evolution I guess.
festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #18
ebbing, flowing..., CO, NM
Paddling Since: 1985
wading pool!!! My dad used to blow our little '12 Legacy bucket boat in the back yard, and fill it with water from the garden hose! (just another suggested use along with the beer boat, and kid sized oar boat) Also, since there seem to be allot of parents on this thread, and boaters who were raised by boaters (we are soooo amazingly blessed, aren't we!) I wanted to invite any of you who might be interested, to check out this FB group for boater parents raising (or have raised) little boaters... River Mammas Group

Journeys of a River Mamma Blog "Ever onward, ever forward, ever down the River!"- Ed Abbey
RiverMamma is offline   Reply With Quote