Old 08-12-2016   #21
Bazzaro, World
Paddling Since: 2020
Originally Posted by whitefish View Post
I would defenetly bring you my boat to add a coat of urethane but live in Montana so looking for as much info from folks with first hand knoledge on the subject so I can carry out this project with great success.
If you really want a good repair, its worth the couple bennes to ship a boat. Nothing is cheap these days and cheeping out can be like stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime. Boat repairs can nickel and dime you to death. Space, chemicals, clean up, that extra trip to lowes again and again. Then there is the knowledge of the process itself. All I'm getting at is 300 bucks in shipping might not really be that much.

Bound is boatless man
dirtbagkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016   #22
Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
Originally Posted by whitefish View Post
Moving forward on this project my boat is 2 years old Aire told me if I coat the bottom with urethane that section will no longer be covered under warranty. I would hate to give up the remaining 8 years it would be covered because I wanted to do preventitive maintanace and make my boat more resistive to abrasion?
wait until it wears through, they'll fix it for free or give you a new boat. I still don't quite understand where you were parking it that allowed it to wear over night - a corral reef?

Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back. - Agustus McCrae
elkhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016   #23
Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
Did you send them pics of the wear and ask about them fixing it? That would be the first course of action. Why don't you post pics here? Maybe it's not as bad as you are feeling. My last boat I bought used, it saw 6 years of being drug down the gallatin at low water as a commercial boat. There were several spots worn to the scrim (that is through the second layer and into the scrim of the tubes themselves) that I just put a wear guard on. Maybe that would be another option if the wear is in isolated spots as opposed to a large area.
Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back. - Agustus McCrae
elkhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016   #24
whitefish, Montana
Paddling Since: 00
The wear is not terrible but boats are expensive and would like to do whatever I can to make it last.
whitefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016   #25
Top Quality River Gear
Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1960
I am in agreement with Elkhaven, do not void your warranty; the AIRE 10 year no fault is the best warranty out there! Those are some pretty tough boats too so maybe posting some photos for all of us to take a look at will put your mind at ease. Scuffs and scrapes should not change the integrity of your awesome river ride!

Cascade River Gear is offline   Reply With Quote