Old 06-18-2008   #1
Looking for locals to raft the Poudre with

Hey all,

My wife and I have lived in Fort Collins the last few years and have met lots of kayakers but few rafting folks. I run a 13' self bailing NRS typically with an oar rig, but am learning to paddle guide. I have pretty good luck talking my buddies into saftey boating for us, but would like to meet some more local rafters so I don't have to feel like I'm always imposing on my kayaker friends and we'll be moving at the same pace.

I've mainly run the Poudre (Upper and Lower Mish, Bridges, up to 4ish feet on the rock)

Fire me a post if you'd like to join forces some weekend.

dantheboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008   #2
x, x
Paddling Since: x
my wife and I are in the same boat or I guess we should be. Here are two paddlers.

Poudre this weekend, either day.

bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008   #3
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
And another...

I have a 14' with stern assist and would love to check out some other sections of the river. So far I have only ran lower mish and filter plant, as I just moved here last fall. Looking to meet other rafters who are familiar with some of the lines.
Shcooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008   #4
Interested. I run a 14 achilles bucket boat, the big juicy, with an oar rig. I am interested in learning to paddle guide as well and would like to know how you are figuring it out! I think I'm available next weekend (last of june)
bula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008   #5
Schooner, I'm getting more comfortable with the Upper Mish, Pine view falls, bridges lines, but not sure I'd be "the source" just a fairly educated opinion. I've kept the boat sunny side up through everything but haven't ran anything above 4.1 on the rock.

Bula, lets keep an eye on the flows, I'd be up for a sunday, 6/29 run. (wife works on Saturday.)

And on the 7th day they rafted. All feel free to send private messages with phone #'s (I'm not sure how its done...) and we could meet for a beer.
dantheboatman is offline   Reply With Quote