I just got one of these dry suits and used it this past weekend. It is my first dry suit so I have little to compare it to. I've never owned anything form Kokotat before this either.
A few thoughts.
1. I'm quite tall for a kayaker, 6'8" so finding a suit that fits was a problem. but this one fit the bill. A little restrictive in movement at the knees, not sure if that's normal or not.
2. Kokotat's material is bomber and keeps the water out.
3. The zipper was a pain in the ass getting started the first couple of times, but slowly figured out the best method to get it started.
4. Though the bulky zipper isn't on the upper body it is at your waist. It doesn't affect paddling, but is a a bit of a challenge getting the skirt over at the beginning.
5. I like the fact that I have the option to peel off the pants when I get warm.
6. Obviously only a couple of uses wont give a huge amount of beta, but so far it does what it is supposed to do. Keep me dry and very warm.
7. As expected the neck gasket was wicked tight. Had to stretch it for a couple of days to get it to where I didn't feel like I was getting choked out.
8. Cost is a whole 5 dollars more than the GMER so that is a nominal amount if you are considering getting one.