James delivered a beautiful boat/frame - Page 3 - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-15-2016   #21

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
Hey folks, we've had a troll come by and some cleanup done so a few posts have been removed. Awalsten's complaint post has not been removed or deleted and can be found here: Don't Support "PRO"

Posts by trolls will be deleted as will posts responding to (feeding) them so please don't waste your time replying to him. No one's trying to protect a certain vendor, but posts trolling for him or by sockpuppet accounts are likely to get spulled. There are still a ton of discussions about this vendor.

If you have received a PM from the user "Andy Robinowitz" please forward it to me.

Thanks,

-AH
No worky

Fumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2016   #22

pojoaque, New Mexico
Paddling Since: 1972
This is what comes up with either link:
Invalid Topic specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
semievolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016   #23

pojoaque, New Mexico
Paddling Since: 1972
I like that the oar masts are movable. I am curious what you do when the floor wears out? Do they somehow weave that in after the frame is built?
semievolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016   #24

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
OK, folks, apologies for the misfire - my bad. that post had been removed along with another. At the time we were getting inundated with new users and and other folks coming to the site solely to complain about a certain company.

From the MB community rules:

Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with sellers, manufacturers and dealers through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016   #25

Nye, Montana
Paddling Since: 2012
Andy

Can you verify that the originator of this thread indeed complained about pro/canyon or whatever in the past? If that's the case, it would lend more credibility to his claim of receiving a cat and frame 3 years late.

Not insinuating that the original poster is a liar, but there have been lots of bogus user names.

Thanks.
Mattchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016   #26

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Yes, the OP complained about Canyon/PRO in the past. I've seen no reason to doubt it's valid.
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016   #27

Meridian, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1998
Why not do what many other forums do? Lock the thread and ban the user. I too agree there is valuable information even in these troll/shill threads.
brasscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016   #28

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchu View Post
Andy

Can you verify that the originator of this thread indeed complained about pro/canyon or whatever in the past? If that's the case, it would lend more credibility to his claim of receiving a cat and frame 3 years late.

Not insinuating that the original poster is a liar, but there have been lots of bogus user names.

Thanks.
There is something screwy with that thread, even as a mod I'm not able to quote it.... so here is the content from that original post by Awalsten, just to clear the air:

"Reminding Buzz participants to not support "Pacific River Outfitters" in North Bend, Oregon. James still, After 3 years, owes me $3200 or a cataraft, frame, and dry box. He's opened PRO and I'm sure his unethical business practices will be the same as was Canyon Whitewater inflatables. I want to save other boaters the emotional and financial pain of what I went thru. I contact James every week and he fills my head with hope. No more. James will post responses under his many guises lying how I'm wrong. We've all seen it. And I don't care. Please feel free to supply forums I can post on to warn people."