Mountain Buzz banner

Insurance for Cataraft

Tags
cataraft
3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Riverman4utoday 
#1 ·
I have an Aire Jaguarundi. Does anyone know of an insurance company that will insure damaged or stolen? Liability is all I can find offered. I would like to buy a new outboard yamaha 8 HP and they are about $2000. It would be peace of mind if I could insure it. But no one will, at least I cannot find anyone.

What I have run up against is insurance company considers the Cataraft as "A KIT" boat and will not insure a boat that is a kit.

Thank-you

#2 ·
You're better off taking $30 a month and putting it into a savings account - then when/if your shit gets stolen or wrecked you'll have some money to replace it. With insurance, all you're doing is insuring you will loose money in the long run.

I've paid WAAYYY more $ into insurance (homeowners, veh, renters, etc) than I've ever gotten back. The only exception would be liability - but then again if you flip a boat and someone get's hurt or worse it's not going to cover it. I don't even know what it would cover? Maybe if it falls off your trailer and a car hits it??..? I'd be curious to know what liability would cover.

#5 ·
So I recently inquired with my insurance about covering my boats. I put together an itemized cost list for each boat along with all the rigging. They came back with a special boat policy/ addendum in my home owners insurance policy that covers the cost of replacing the boat and gear incase of a fire or if stolen. It's about $200 a year for both boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

#8 ·
State Farm if you are in Colorado. I have my raft/equipment/trailer(about $15k total coverage) insured with State Farm with $100 deductible on a boat owners policy for $120 annual premium. Your homeowners will not cover like a boat policy as it is a named peril policy usually with high deductibles, where as a boat policy us usually an all peril policy tailored specifically for boats. I personally did not opt for liability coverage, just property coverage. Hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.