harassment in numbers - Page 7 - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-25-2016   #61

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoBoater View Post
I think I'm most amused by the ark valley boaters talking about "front range gapers" and then speaking of running "the gnar" in numbers...

LOL please continue.
We must be reading different threads, because this was the closest comment I saw to calling Numbers "gnar"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango View Post
The numbros is perfect for splatwheel freestyle assault right now. Learn to catch an eddy.

Advertisement

Old 07-25-2016   #62
Old Guy in a PFD

Tucson, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1967
This entire thread is, in Schutzie's opinion, a classic reflection of the change in attitudes around the river community in the last 20 or so years, and in fact, is a good reflection of general societal attitudes.

Schutzie has trouble imagining a much sillier scenario or fall out.

Even if all of the above posts were true, and not misconsrued, how is it that the entire thing is worth a 2 second thought, much less over 60 posts, most of them in one way or another hostile, in a forum intended to bring the rafting community together.

Cmon people. unbunch your panties and enjoy the river. Save the attitude for the idiot who blocks the concourse at the airport. you're supposed to act stupid in the airport, and you're supposed to get pissed about it and make a big deal of it at the airport.

But on the river? Cmon.
Schutzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016   #63

Telluride, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Did he kinda look like Jesus?

Did anyone else besides me immediately picture Josh when this thread started? I am completely laughing my a$$ off right now. Josh has more than 20,00 river miles and has been guiding the Arkansas River since before most of you knew what rafting was. He is the nicest person I know as well as the most skilled and most professional raft guide I have ever met in my 18 years of river guiding.
I think was in the right to bump you onto a rock for breaking up his Runners pod. If he was the last boat he was most likely the trip leader and he needed to catch back up to the rest of the rafts before entering #5. What you should have done was pull over to the side and surf the hole in #4 when he was done. Or next time talk to him at the take-out away from his clients instead of crying on the internet.
Andypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016   #64

Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schutzie View Post
This entire thread is, in Schutzie's opinion, a classic reflection of the change in attitudes around the river community in the last 20 or so years, and in fact, is a good reflection of general societal attitudes.

Even if all of the above posts were true, and not misconsrued, how is it that the entire thing is worth a 2 second thought, much less over 60 posts, most of them in one way or another hostile, in a forum intended to bring the rafting community together.

Cmon people. unbunch your panties and enjoy the river. Save the attitude for the idiot who blocks the concourse at the airport. you're supposed to act stupid in the airport, and you're supposed to get pissed about it and make a big deal of it at the airport.

But on the river? Cmon.
I half way agree with this. Not just as a boating community but as a society we are becoming weak with little substance as we are believing that we should never be offended or have hurt feelings. IMO it has gone way to far and I have been tempted over and again to tell lindscp (sarcastically) "boy I am SOOOO sorry you got bumped"

At the same time it is so important to be polite and curtious. As a society I think we are becoming something "worse" for a lack of better words. We seem to care and help each other less, abandon our principles more and double, triple or quadruple our standards as demonstrated in the many replies here that would suggest that it is okay for a guide to be a dic if he has been boating for a long time and has a lot of river miles.

I don't know what the answer is. Maybe we should all be better people while toughening up. I do admit that these problems seem less previalnt in the river crowds. except on the ramp of course.
ob1coby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016   #65

Fort Fun, Colorado
Paddling Since: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schutzie View Post

But on the river? Cmon.
Can I get a AMEN brother!!

Here's a video of our June Gates of Ladore trip. It's a bit long but totally catches the essence of why I boat.

trevko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016   #66

Salida, Colorado
Well thanks all for killing 15" out of my long workday ; ) I thank my lucky stars I'm not herding cats (I mean tourists) down the river. I like the golf metaphor. If someone comes up behind me I slide over and ask if they would like to play thru. If they knock a ball on the fly into my group I expect an apology or I might wrap club around your head. At the end of the day we should be able to meet at the clubhouse kiss and make up over drinks.
Old 07-26-2016   #67

East of the Pine beatle, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevko View Post
Can I get a AMEN brother!!

Here's a video of our June Gates of Ladore trip. It's a bit long but totally catches the essence of why I boat.

Freakin' amazing job in that video! LOVED it! What was your level?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Osseous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016   #68

Fort Fun, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osseous View Post
Freakin' amazing job in that video! LOVED it! What was your level?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
It was 10+ above the Yampa and another 6-7 coming in from the Yampa.
Old 09-15-2016   #69

Nice presentation. Any idea how many hours you spent on the edit? I always struggle on the music more than anything. Well done!!!
oarboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016   #70

Fort Fun, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by oarboatman View Post
Nice presentation. Any idea how many hours you spent on the edit? I always struggle on the music more than anything. Well done!!!
I did not put it together but it took the guy it did it a few weeks. I'm not sure of the total hours put into it though. I really like the way he did it.