harassment in numbers - Page 2 - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-21-2016   #11

All over, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randaddy View Post
He's a long-time professional river runner trying to show his guests a good time. You sound like a Front Range weekend gaper that can't respect the traffic downstream of you. He has 10,000 miles of experience. You have 100. His guests pay for the toilet you use before you launch, the rails you slide your boat down, and the rangers that save you when you gape out in number five. So his boat bumped you. You were probably hacking your way down and didn't have the courtesy to let him play through.

I interact with River Runners every day. I experience top notch, professional, polite river guides every time. Maybe you should try Brown's Canyon on a weekday evening.
Not sure if I missed it or not, but you usually tell us about how you're a guide. What gives?

shannon s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2016   #12
Misspellingintothefuture!

Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtis catman View Post
Maybe that guide thought you were cute and was tyring to get a better look at you.
That's how you make baby boats
Old 07-21-2016   #13

BV, CO
Paddling Since: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon s View Post
Yes many people have had problems with River Runners, but as you'll soon learn, you're gonna get the shit flamed out of you for saying anything. There seems to be a line of locals in that area waiting to rub the guides off, I don't get it. Long dark haired skinny guy too.
Ah, yes. Checked your posting history and you'e the poor soul who almost died n Browns last year when the evil RR's didn't defer to your piss poor rowing in the tight lower part of the extremely difficult and dangerous Toilet Bowl and Widow Maker section. Now I understand your angst.
Phil U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016   #14

Rivertown, West Virginia
Paddling Since: 9:45
Shannon, he said he interacts with em pert near every day. So that means he is a guide or he mucks out the portajohn at their camp.

Mattman, that is why you use a rubber boat to keep em from getting knocked up.

She is the one Grif threw the original turkey leg at aint she.
I am an American Whitewater member. One of 6300. There are an estimated 100000 paddlers in the U S. If you are not a member you should join. AW is fighting for our rivers everyday and could use some help.
curtis catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016   #15
Misspellingintothefuture!

Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Laughing my ass off! After years of banging into other rafts, I am now the proud papa of an 11' baby cataraft, think the protection failed!
Old 07-21-2016   #16

irvine, California
Paddling Since: 1987
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman View Post
Laughing my ass off! After years of banging into other rafts, I am now the proud papa of an 11' baby cataraft, think the protection failed!

It wasn't ribbed for her pleasure. Latex boats...lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
wildh2onriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016   #17

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2016
harassment in numbers

What gives Randaddy.. A lot of anger there. It was just a question of if anyone have had a bad experience, no need to go "Front Range Gaper" attack mode.. Chill out dude! Any ways, I am sure he was just being a bit of a dick, and maybe you followed to closely! No biggie, just give more space next time, and if they do it again when/if you do give them ample time, go talk to them. Most of the people I have met in my short river experience have been great!

NorwayTor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016   #18

BV, CO
Paddling Since: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwayTor View Post
What gives Randaddy.. A lot of anger there. It was just a question of if anyone have had a bad experience, no need to go "Front Range Gaper" attack mode.. Chill out dude! Any ways, I am sure he was just being a bit of a dick, and maybe you followed to closely! No biggie, just give more space next time, and if they do it again when/if you do give them ample time, go talk to them. Most of the people I have met in my short river experience have been great!

I don't think I know Randaddy but I will repeat what I posted to Shannon S. last year. If the OP has a question about how to manage traffic on a crowded river then ask it. There are rules of the rio but mostly common sense and a little courtesy go a long way towards all having a good day. But when you are obviously partly, or completely, the cause of the "problem" then you are way out of line calling a company out in a public forum. Most of these raft companies are family run businesses. You may be taking money out of their pocket. And yes, I know a lot of people at RR and they are quality members of this quality boating community. Contact them. And learn how to manage running a tight run with a lot of traffic.
Phil U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016   #19

seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randaddy View Post
He's a long-time professional river runner trying to show his guests a good time. You sound like a Front Range weekend gaper that can't respect the traffic downstream of you. He has 10,000 miles of experience. You have 100. His guests pay for the toilet you use before you launch, the rails you slide your boat down, and the rangers that save you when you gape out in number five. So his boat bumped you. You were probably hacking your way down and didn't have the courtesy to let him play through.

I interact with River Runners every day. I experience top notch, professional, polite river guides every time. Maybe you should try Brown's Canyon on a weekday evening.
I don't know where to start with this. Either you're the guide or his girlfriend.
bucketboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016   #20

seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil U. View Post
I don't think I know Randaddy but I will repeat what I posted to Shannon S. last year. If the OP has a question about how to manage traffic on a crowded river then ask it. There are rules of the rio but mostly common sense and a little courtesy go a long way towards all having a good day. But when you are obviously partly, or completely, the cause of the "problem" then you are way out of line calling a company out in a public forum. Most of these raft companies are family run businesses. You may be taking money out of their pocket. And yes, I know a lot of people at RR and they are quality members of this quality boating community. Contact them. And learn how to manage running a tight run with a lot of traffic.
The problem with commercials is they operate with a river law mentality instead of river etiquette. If you have upstream traffic private or comercial you should skip the surf spots. Just because you have payload doesn't make you a priority. The majority of times outfitters bomb down and part the rivers like Moses with no respect. I treat profit boaters like everyone else. Let them pass when you can and give them space.
bucketboater is offline   Reply With Quote