Green River airport to Swazey's - Page 3 - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-29-2016   #21

glenwierd, Co.
Paddling Since: 05'
It sounds like there are a few government officials on this page. Paid for in part by user fees.

VOTE DONNELLY!!!

Panama Red is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2016   #22

glenwierd, Co.
Paddling Since: 05'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama Red View Post
It sounds like there are a few government officials on this page. Paid for in part by user fees?

VOTE DONNELLY!!!

VOTE DONNELLY!!!
Panama Red is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016   #23

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Is there a taxi in Green River? I'd bet they'd get you to or from Swasey's a lot cheaper than $350...

As for RRT not taking people, they're probably prohibited by their liability insurance from carrying passengers. And the trip from Green River to Swasey's is pretty easy on the vehicle. This is a cakewalk for any shuttle company, especially RRT. I'd have no qualms about having them take my vehicle from the airstrip to the takeout.

Good luck making it work,

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016   #24

jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1976
this is getting better than the san miguel yarn. I can't wait to see how it ends.
stuntsheriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016   #25

C. Springs, Colorado
This friend of mine tells me this story about a friend of his.

So this guy just bought a new truck and was not about to let anyone drive it.... not even his wife. They were going on a Deso trip and he wanted to shuttle his own vehicle. The wife drives a Subaru, so he finds a friend that will follow them in the Subaru, to the put in at sand wash. They pack up the truck and a flat bed trailer and head out..... with the friend following behind.

When they arrive at Sand Wash, they unload and get ready to launch the next day. He puts the Subaru on the trailer and heads for Green river to drop off the truck and trailer at the take out. He then drives the Subaru back to the put in. The friend see's them off the next day and drives their car back home.

During the shuttle drive, the trailer has a flat tire and the guy didn't notice it until he had ruined the rim. Luckily he brought a spare. Just as he turned onto I-70, a truck kicked up a rock and cracked his windshield. Goes to show......shit happens on shuttle.....no matter who is driving the rig.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016   #26

East of the Pine beatle, Colorado
It appears that this is a new run for you and that you aren't familiar with RRT. We are 3 pages into this and there hadn't been a single negative word about RRT from anyone who has used them. That's RARE- and we are VERY fortunate to have such a professional operation handling Green River shuttles. They're damned good- and consistently so. I realize that's not the norm for shuttle services- but these guys are a godsend for Yampa/Green boaters.

Use them with confidence and have a carefree float.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Osseous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016   #27

Donkey Town, Colorado
Are you driving a Lamborghini or something? Get off your high horse this is a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
jimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016   #28

cedar city, Utah
Quote:
VOTE DONNELLY!!!
Quote:
It sounds like there are a few government officials on this page. Paid for in part by user fees.

VOTE DONNELLY!!!
Nope, not me. Former guide who watched these types of informal commercial offers happen for years. I just believe in a level playing field and I think this solicitation ignores the law. I believe the exchange of money beyond cost sharing clearly requires a special recreation permit. If one individual or business is required to pay fees, be permitted, licensed and insured then they all should. And I think it's better for a community to self-regulate and call it out then the alternatives.

There are two legal, highly reputable options in the area that the OP has chosen to bypass.
restrac2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016   #29

East of the Pine beatle, Colorado
Liberty, people. Learn it. Live it. Value it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Osseous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016   #30

Minturn, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimr View Post
Are you driving a Lamborghini or something? Get off your high horse this is a no brainer.

EXACTLY-

Sherpa9543 is offline   Reply With Quote