Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting

Old 06-17-2013   #11
Conejos Canyon & Houston, CO & TX
Paddling Since: 1979
"Okay folks- so I've got a July 4 Yampa permit. Should I eat my $185 permit or hold out hope that flows will be >= 700cfs on that day. We have small crafts (1 small cat, 1 small raft, and a couple of tandem iks) and the group is comfortable with really low flows. I have looked through quite a bit of historical data and it looks like it might hold, but it's gonna be close.
Thanks! "

You might be able to switch over to Lodore if you call the river office - i think needs to be done by 2 weeks before launch. if you do let me know and maybe we can coordinate shuttles

"who is this crispy person?"

I was wondering the same thing about you - brother from another mother? I was going to say that I was the original, but I see you registered ahead of my by a month!

crispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013   #12
The Russian
SLC, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
As far as I can remember they allow one switch a day, so if no one else switched for that day, you might be the lucky one. Call soon.

Last year I was in the same situation and decided to switch. At take out we met a commercial group that was launching the same day as us from Yampa and they said they had to row all day every day to make the times and camps. If I remember correctly, the flow was around 1,500 cfs then.

We had a great run down Lodore instead.

-ALEX [ youtube ][ my boat ][ riverbrain.com ]
kazak4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off