Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013   #11
Conejos Canyon & Houston, CO & TX
Paddling Since: 1979
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 84
"Okay folks- so I've got a July 4 Yampa permit. Should I eat my $185 permit or hold out hope that flows will be >= 700cfs on that day. We have small crafts (1 small cat, 1 small raft, and a couple of tandem iks) and the group is comfortable with really low flows. I have looked through quite a bit of historical data and it looks like it might hold, but it's gonna be close.
Thanks! "

You might be able to switch over to Lodore if you call the river office - i think needs to be done by 2 weeks before launch. if you do let me know and maybe we can coordinate shuttles

"who is this crispy person?"

I was wondering the same thing about you - brother from another mother? I was going to say that I was the original, but I see you registered ahead of my by a month!

crispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013   #12
The Russian
kazak4x4's Avatar
SLC, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,380
As far as I can remember they allow one switch a day, so if no one else switched for that day, you might be the lucky one. Call soon.

Last year I was in the same situation and decided to switch. At take out we met a commercial group that was launching the same day as us from Yampa and they said they had to row all day every day to make the times and camps. If I remember correctly, the flow was around 1,500 cfs then.

We had a great run down Lodore instead.

-ALEX [ youtube ][ my boat ][ riverbrain.com ]
kazak4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yampa / Lodore - extra spots july 3 launch crispy Kayaking | Trip Planner 2 06-24-2013 10:13 PM
Got a July 12 Main permit. Gonna cancel slamkal Kayaking | Trip Planner 27 03-24-2013 07:43 AM
Yampa June 29th launch need another raft!!! ecarlson972 Rafting | Trip Planner 0 06-14-2011 09:05 PM
If you're going to cancel a San Juan or Chama permit, would you let me know? BLott Kayaking | Trip Planner 2 06-01-2010 12:02 PM
Yampa or Lodore, launch Friday, April 9th Dave Frank Whitewater Kayaking 0 04-05-2004 09:47 PM

» Classified Ads
NRS Frame

posted by chugwater1

Fishing seat bar with lo pros new swivel seat. I will...

10' Cataract Oars

posted by rockinRio

10' Cataract Oars, rope wrapped, and two counter balances....

14' steel raft trailer

posted by groovy

hand made steel welded. This was a commercial trailer used...

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.