Old 11-13-2013   #1
scappoose, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1984
GC Closure- Outfitter Response

Hey Buzzards- My launch was cancelled due to the closure of the USA, and I wanted to give props to my outfitter, my girl and my crew for taking the high road and making the best of the hand that we were dealt. My crew is always number one on the river, if my girl wasn't the best she wouldn't be my girl now would she, but Canyon REO not only helped get us on an alternate float, they pretty much split the trip fees with us, gave us a super credit on our permit for next year and went way beyond the call of duty to make the best of the situation. I talked to a fair number of fellow locked out boaters at the Marble Canyon Lodge dust pit and everyone was wondering what the outcome would be, we did the San Juan for 10 day (it's takes a lot of layovers to eat all of that food), when it was all said and done I really appreciate the service and sacrifice that REO shared with us. I hope everyone else faired as well- if you didn't make sure and remember this when you choose the outfitter you spend your money with on your next trip. See you out there- BD
uberman is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LOST EQUIPMENT AND EMERGENCY RESPONSE JFH68 River Access & Safety Alerts! 15 07-17-2014 02:31 PM
How to remove outfitter logos from rafts - Hyside's response raftus Whitewater Kayaking 1 01-22-2008 03:52 PM
Dagger Response padlnrun Kayaking | Gear Talk 6 05-18-2007 02:33 PM
SB 37 response deepsouthpaddler Whitewater Kayaking 0 04-05-2006 10:37 AM
Response to Piedra post .. El Flaco Whitewater Kayaking 1 04-12-2004 08:50 PM

» Classified Ads
2014 Rocky Mountain Storm...

posted by clinks

This package was put together in late 2014, and has been on...

14ft Rocky Mountain raft

posted by lawy

14 ft Rocky Mountain raft nrs frame 3 11ft Carlisle oars....

Sawyer 10' counter...

posted by rrrlotus

Sawyer 10' counter balanced oars - fiberglass...