Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting

Old 06-22-2015   #1
basalt, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Floating the Middle Roaring Fork Tomorrow 6/23

Putting in @ Jaffe park in the early afternoon and going down to Carbondale (pink) takeout. Anyone have any information on the numerous bridge crossings, woody creek, lower woody, just before fisherman's park and 82, town of Basalt, Hooks spur near Willits? Is everything passable?

Taking my 14' oar frame boat through and want to keep everything intact, passengers, raft, self etc...

Any information is greatly appreciated!

freebornmang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015   #2
Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
not the answer youre looking for

but we floated carbondale to 2 rivers twice today, and it was fun. Cemetery is running at a great level.

karls7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015   #3
no issues between jaffee and basalt. stay left at the suspension bridge at philips. everything else is good clearance. best class III run in the valley i think. slaughter house is better though.

below basalt, don't know. ran that section once. that was enough. pretty un-interesting.

i run a 14' cat with tall seat and tall oar towers, if i can fit, every oar rig should fit.
spencerhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015   #4
Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1965
Ran Basalt to GWS last weekend. No problems. Fast and pretty straight forward. Had to duck on a few bridges. Read the post on the tree between Basalt and Willits - wasn't there when I did it
jgrebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015   #5
Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Run Basalt to Carbondale a few times recently. Hood fun but a new strainer -full cottonwood- is in the left (main at low water) channel at mile 2.2 from the Willits put in. See post below.

New wood / strainer on Roaring Fork between Basalt and Catherine Store ( Carbondale)

Otherwise it's pretty awesome right now, lots of big holes around the corners. Lots of wood too that's moving around so keep your eyes open.

Also, on an island about 3/4 mile upstream from the Catherine Store bridge there was a blue and grey IK. I called dispatch about it and they said it was from the guy who fell in on the Frying Pan on Sunday. It might be retreivable with the water coming down slightly if it's still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
powrider686 is offline   Reply With Quote