The Jackal has several things to comment on.
1. RIP Jess West
2. Creature Crafts are stupid.
3. Running the Stikine in a J-rig would be terrifying!! Way scarier than kayaks!
4. Creature Crafts are still stupid!
5. Mountainbuzz is a "raft forum" now?
6. "You can learn something from any kind of boat. Except Creature Crafts, that's cheating." - Banks Mag
7. To me running Class five in a creature craft is analogous to these weird tours I ran into a couple of times in South America. Basically people pay to get driven around in massive armored RV things for a month or so. This is a great way for the intrepid explorer to "see" South America without having to interact with locals, speak spanish, figure out any logistics etc. They can then return home to their respective countries, show pictures of Macchu Picchu and listen to their friends tell them how brave they are for traveling in "developing" countries. The Creature Craft is the armored, foreign language evader of the whitewater world.
Then again, maybe we just need to change our definition of "running" a river. If flopping down Big Falls on the South Payette (a drop that is often styled by kayakers) with the equivalent grace of a bobble-head doll, surfing in a cave for a while and being roped out counts as "running" a rapid then power to the creature craft as well as those texans you see rolling down steep runs at the ski area. After all, both the texans and the crafture crafters do- even if by means offensive to the purist - make it to the bottom.
Decide for your self -
The Jackal has spoken.