Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting

Old 05-31-2016   #1
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Female Boulderite looking to hop in with a trip!

Hello and Aloha!
Gal at the bookshop in Durango told me to hop on here to put out a request to tag along on a trip. I see Dolores is flowing @ the 4th? I rafted it @ 10 years ago and would love to experience it again. OR, Im game to hit any rivers around here, actually.
Im a Professional musician embracing high vibes and I enjoy funny conversation with fellow intellectuals and outdoor adventurists!
Ive won spelling bees. Jk. Actually, quite the opposite. Im a little bit of a brainiac dork,--- perhaps that why the river suites me well?
I can contribute, of course! I have a small budget, but would moreso like to do trade and/or contribute equally to a group share of some sort. Awesome and thanks!

JSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016   #2
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995

Your attitude that comes across sounds like you'd be a good addition to just about any trip. River trips are generally a cost share arrangement and you don't really want to go on a private trip where someone's making a profit off you. On-river costs are usually about $25/day +/- and there may be a group split for some rental gear or permit costs as well.

Some things that may be helpful to know about you:

Would you be kayaking or riding on a raft?
Are you looking for a more mature, moderate crowd to boat with?
Do you know how to row a raft?

Good luck, and remember the words, "what can I do to help" are really popular on river trips.

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016   #3
Boulder, Colorado
I love everything you just said.
In a past life I think i commanded a pacific fleet, as i certainly step to it when anything needs to get done. I pull my weight in other words.
I can row on smaller class, but Im currently struggling with a shoulder neck combo affliction, due to the weight of my saxophone and my circus stage antics. But im happy to help row as much as i can. No heroics at this time im afraid.
Thanks for the tips!
Old 06-01-2016   #4
Boulder, Colorado
Im game to roll the dice re: modrate/mature crowd.
Whats more important to me is safety knowhow and experience. Interesting people abound, so u figured the universe would deliver!
I dont have my own craft with me. Truck camping vegabondering, as im magnetically pulled yonder west.