Old 07-30-2009   #11
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Who would you lend out their raft? especially to Joe.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009   #12
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978

NolsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009   #13
Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
I think Joe's eyes were all glazed over from eyeing up his crew that he never saw this rock slowly coming at him. I give you kudos for assembling that crew though!

I was a witness to this commical event, donated my throwbag to the cause, watched coolers, pumps,.. etc float by and spent 1.5 hours trying to boy scout pull that borrowed, brand new piece of rubber off that rock. I dare say that if "Boating with Joe" didn't have his female crew he probably would still be on that rock in the middle of the mighty Class II drop. What adds to the story is that I think there was more than one raft guide on that trip!!

Dude, I was never even offered a beer for troubles and a cut throwbag--thats bad river joo joo -Joe

Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009   #14
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Fucking hilarious... nothing like styling a big rapid only to get worked in the run-out. Than again I will probably wrap my boat at the put-in of my next run
raftus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #15
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Whoa Arn. You are here-by officially offered a beer. We had run out (I think - it's a bit hazy) after they went floating down the river. That's the very first rafting trip I've ever run dry on and it was terrible. I'd have given you many beers at the takeout, but we missed it and you by a few hours. I'll have you some beer and a new rope shortly. Been in Wyoming getting my ass kicked, you see.

Furthermore, I absolutely was not "at the stick" during said events, it was one of the other "raft guides".

JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #16
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 2002
Joe, I will wrap a raft with you any day! Class II carnage comes with talent. Zbaird, sorry bout your boat.
SqEarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #17
B.V., Colorado
Did you yell highside?
"Huck Finn?...more like huck-and-swim"
Melrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #18
Classic is right! Classic Joe, passing the buck. As i understood it, the one "betty" claiming experience wasn't even guiding! The nissue here isn't even the wrap itself, its how the experienced guides on scene handeled the situation. Of course the person that was guiding had the greatest chance of wrapping, she has never guided before! So you can't blame her. The way I heard the story is that if one stubborn male had listened to one of the "betty's" advice, the wrap would never had taken that long. But some men have issues taking advice from the opposite sex and thusly, we find Joe stuck in the middle of the river, again. I think you got the boat that was wrapped in gore off by dropping tubes as well, didn't you learn your lesson? Well enough is enough, glad to see back home safe.
huckit21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #19
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
In my book a wrap is a wrap no matter who's at the helm you are the captain. And if ya wrapped it's a keg at my old company!

hullflyer is offline   Reply With Quote

class ii, rafting