Old 09-12-2014   #21
Fort Collins
I have been cracking my eggs into ziplocs, double bagging them and freezing them for years. I'll pack them in a backpack sans cooler for overnighters when I eat them the next morning. Or I freeze them and have them add to the cool stuff in the cooler. I have only gone for about a week in the cooler, but I have had them still frozen at the end of the week. I would say it depends on how you pack your cooler, and how long you can keep them frozen/cool.

As for pre-scrambling, if you are going to freeze them, I recommend it. Recently, we made dutch oven cakes, but the yokes of our eggs never thawed, or at least never were able to really scramble, we thought maybe they would during cooking and be ok. Instead, they absorbed the cake mix, I think like a tree absorbs minerals when it petrifies, only the yokes were now sweet and chewy cake like, but still looked like a yoke. It was kind of wierd, but they were really good, and made a good surprise in the dessert.

From some of the cooler threads, I am sure some of you could have ice cream on day 21 in the Grand, and an Omlette on day 22 from pre-cracked eggs.

"If I'm not there, it means I'm dead...or late!" General W.R. Monger
co_bjread is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off