Old 03-03-2015   #61
Louisville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I used two cell phones again today for approximate another 1000 calls and I never got through once. Once the dates I wanted were gone I stopped calling. I wonder if there is some advantage to a landline but I don't know what that would be.

MrScamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015   #62
durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
I don't know what it is, but my friend Fresh has gotten to a ring but no answer. I'll give it a stab tomorrow.

snowjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015   #63
Crested Butte, Colorado
WTF my buddy and I called 7500 time on Monday nothing

My buddy and I sacrificed a great powder day of skiing to call in for a Sept. Gates trip. We called 7500 times, no kidding, between 8 and 12am Monday, and 2500 times Today before giving up to go skiing. I have always gotten a permit in previous years within the first 3 hours, usually the first 2 hours. Also I applied in the lottery for the Gates 8,9,10,11 sept. I am currently looking at the available permits and 3 of 4 of those dates are still available as of 12pm March 3rd, today. WTF. The call in system is screwed. Everyone is fighting over the Yampa and I just want a mid to late Gates trip. I vote that they have a call in for the Gates and a call in for the Yampa on different dates. Or better yet get rid of the call in all together. Maybe extend the main season. People want these permits and have to now sacrifice serious time and battery life. I have wasted over 6 hours with no reward. Anyway the skiing was incredible today I tried calling everytime I was on the lift with cell service and still busy. Over 10,000 calls all busy. beep..beep..beep..beep
bluegrassburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015   #64
durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
Surely one of us knows how to get a hold of a call center to help us. Telemarketing turned to tele-permiting?

I even went so far as to call westwater ranger station just to see if my phone was broken. Actually got a hold of the ranger and could have booked a trip.
snowjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015   #65
Donkey Punch
Southwest, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Called non-stop from 8-12 yesterday and today. Yesterday I got to a ring at least 20 times, and today I got to a ring about 14 times. I did it at work, on a land line, and my fancy work phone has a "redial" buttona and a "end call" button right next to each other. I didn't even have to pick up the phone, just hit the redial button and it goes to speaker. I think I definitely pissed everyone off around me though with the speaker phone. Tried to mix it up and hold the phone up to me ear sometimes, but it made doing work on the computer impossible. I even ignored incoming work calls. I got so good at the redial/end call process, that I sometimes would end the call before it began!!!! Hope I didn't miss an opportunity getting through because of it. My hands are still killing me. Im a little ambidextrous, so I gang banged those buttons with both hands! It was like me against the busy signal, and I had to overcome it.
dfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015   #66
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
What is amazing are the two people, so far, who actually called (I'm assuming multiple times) to reserve two of the Split Mtn day trips...
duct tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015   #67
-, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
How can we, as users of the public resource, initiate positive change into this process? Who do we call or email to formally, and respectfully complain?

The DINO River Permit process is broken, who do we speak to to voice our concerns?

Is someone from the DINO staff monitoring this site that could chime in?

heytat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015   #68
Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
If you won and didn't pay you suck. Read the email. WTF

If people had reserved the dates they had won. There would be no problem.I think it sucks when people apply/win and then don't pay the fee WTF. I do prefer the old system of walking in to the river office but I live in Steamboat.
swimteam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015   #69
Pinecliffe, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
I agree this is redickuless. A couple years ago they asked if we wanted to see low use dates go to lottery and I voted no. I've got a few permits by call in, I'm sure I would not have been so lucky with the lottery. Just ask the guy that has not won a permit in 30 years. We need to have an idea of the changes we'd like to see.

I think there should be a weighted a lottery and you accumulate a point for each year you do not GO on a trip, the point limit does not stop at 5 like the GC.
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. KARL MARX
treemanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015   #70
Palisade, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
" A patriot must be ready to defend his country against his" I'd bet Ed would say screw the permit and launch anyway

F.A.A.C. Slim is offline   Reply With Quote