Mountain Buzz banner

Deso High School Trip Oct 4-11

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Harrison_Sp 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
We found someone thanks!

I run a Deso trip twice a year with a group of my high school students. We have been running this trip for about 10 years. McLain High School is an alternative high school in Lakewood, just west of Denver, that serves youths who are at-risk of dropping out.

We are going down Deso Oct. 5-11, drive out the 4th. One of our female guides/chaperones was recently injured and may not be able to go. I am looking for a female guide/chaperone to replace her. I could use a paddle boat guide or gear boat guide depending on your preferences and background. We are taking 14 students on two paddle boats and 3 or 4 gear boats.

There are lot of details that I am sure I haven't included for all of those who aren't available or interested, but if you are interested please give me a call and I will tell you more about the trip. I would obviously also need to learn more about anyone who might be interested in joining us last minute.

thanks
Tony Hughes

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
This topic is very old. Perhaps you no longer organize this trip? Maybe you can suggest who is currently organizing something similar in Denver? Recently, I reread several literary analysis & book reviews on https://edubirdie.com/examples/lord-of-the-flies/ when I was preparing my assignment for school. And I wanted to spend more time in the wilderness, like the book's characters, battling the elements and challenges. I think a river descent is what I need right now.