Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1162886372.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	355.7 KB
ID:	4759

jeffsssmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012   #22
The Big Smoke, Washington

I don't see how anyone would go down this kind of stuff without a 'tool' to assist them, but I'm a noob to rafting,and don't really give a hoot how people recreate so long as they're not riding dirt bikes through my camp or racing jet skiis all over me when I'm out on the drink...

constructeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012   #23
no tengo
Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
have you naysayers ever even seen Tumwater? I have run it and it is the real deal (took out before Exit). Have you ever said to yourself - I think I'll take the creek boat today? well these guys are taking the right raft for the right run. that is pretty smart. If they run the Stikine are you still going to armchair and say they don't know what they are doing?
mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012   #24
portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Originally Posted by jeffsssmith
Saw this on Tumwater the other day
Probably didnt see that huge log it must have been in their blind spot.

Yeah that creature can allow you to run anything but doesnt mean you can maneuver it anywhere
Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it "guaranteed", I will. I got spare time.
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012   #25
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Mania is spot on, i don't know of anyone that runs any part of that at high water, and most take out above exit when they do run it, and exit is commonly accepted as class VI. Cramer was over there a couple of weeks ago, i wouldn't be surprised if he was with those guys.....
I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012   #26
GWS, Colorado
If they run the Stikine, I'm only going to armchair and talk more shit than I am already.
Shitouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012   #27
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Gotta agree with Shitta. And it is legitimate V+ not VI. Why do they even bother with oars? There's definitely some cat boaters outta Boise that could get that drop done with skill. About 8 years ago I got to watch John fuqua solo the entire canyon including exit at dusk in a G-force. That would have been awesome footage. I walked exit the next day.

It'll be sweet when they start strapping child seats in those things and start setting 'youngest child' to descend the stickine records! I bet we will all be paddling creature craft derivatives over niagra 25 years from now
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012   #28
Boise, Idaho
Who cares?

Modern whitewater kayaks and rafts are greater technological improvements over wood-shaped canoes and outrigger kayaks.... and even the stuff we had 20 years ago.

So long as they're not destroying anything or killing people I really don't care how they get their thrills on a river... skill or not.
Anchorless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012   #29
flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 09
Ya know, I enjoy a number of hobbies and more than one trade. I hear hunters talk about archery being more sporting, true but few archers knapp arrowheads to fling with a longbow. Many woodworkers mourn that folks do not know how to use handtools properly, but few are willing to revert to such tools except under extreme duress. I agree that this boat is as ugly as a baboons behind. As graceless the worst albatross landing. But what a fun ride!
sleighr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012   #30
Searching for water....., Nevada
Where do i sign up?

Even in a Creature Craft that is BIG water. I would want to be in a CC for that run. Good Job guys!

Pinned is offline   Reply With Quote

class v