Old 04-25-2015   #41
East of the Pine beatle, Colorado
What's the name of the town again?........Glenwood WHAT?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

Osseous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015   #42
a trip to the "west" to raft would be much better if done closer to peak runoff. like late may or early june.

i have plenty of experience with shoshone, it is close and is runnable all summer. but, it is very short, you can't park a trailer at the put in, if by yourself the put in is a pain, and you have the interstate within 100 yards the entire way. it is a scenic canyon, and if you have never seen it you should run it, but i would not drive any great distance just to do it.
go hit cross mountain if you have the skills, that is a good run!

spencerhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015   #43
Meridian, Idahoer
Paddling Since: 2011
I'm expecting Hawkeye's next post to be something along the lines of "Why the hell do I live in Iowa?" - at least that's how it was for me.
Be safe Hawkeye!
D-Sieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015   #44
Hawkeye, Iowa
Originally Posted by BeaterBoater View Post
I would not drive from Denver to boat shoshone let alone Iowa. Hope you guys figure out a plan and have fun.

Unfortunately this was the only week my friend could get off so we had to go with it. We had a great time hiking yesterday and headed downtown by coors field last night. I have two cousins that moved out here so I am getting to hang out with them tonight. Thankfully the trip wasn't all about finding whitewater.
hawkiirock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015   #45
Leadville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Do it!!!! Definitely plan for self rescue, always!! Timing is everything!!! Level changes through out the year, along with temperature! Pools at the bottom of most rapids make for limited consequences. I run this quite a bit and there are usually several boats on the river every day!
LeadvegasPaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015   #46
Leadville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Hey Hawkeyes! I'm from Bettendorf, started on the Mississippi, currently guide the Arkansas, and the Colorado!! Do them both! It's all a blast and doable!! Browns on the Ark, and Shashone to Two Rivers on the Colorado. These can each be day trips if you choose!

LeadvegasPaddler is offline   Reply With Quote