Old 06-05-2014   #61
Plymouth, New Hampshire
Paddling Since: 2012
Haters be posting in here like airplanes don't exist and cars don't go.

shredjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014   #62
I'm not mad bucket, I'm actually in a great mood. There's a ton of water here. You just cracked me up when you called out Colorado boaters for not being able to take care of their shit, and then bragged about how well your NW crew handled a class III roadside run.

It's actually my bad, I forgot this was a rafting forum now, and that the Lochsa is the definition of hard boating for you guys. (I love the Lochsa by the way - but that run is mostly big green waves)

I haven't contributed to the lost boat requests yet this year, but I promise you I am going to do my best to add to it this weekend.

BrianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014   #63
Paddling Since: 96
You'd think it was winter and we are all water starved... Be careful out there brothers and sisters...
Phil U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014   #64
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Originally Posted by ColoradoJudd View Post
When I first joined the Buzz I thought it was a Colorado based site.
Wonder how many members are from CO and how many are from WA/OR?
More users = more lost and found.
We can call the Colorado site Mountain Buzz.
We can call the WA/OR site Rainy Buzz.
More steep mountains in CO. Never been "rained out" snowboarding here.
Anyhow, both have good football, good beer, and legal weed (almost, sorry OR).
You stay in your areas, I'll stay in mine where I was born.
I'm from Colo and am glad there are more and more boaters posting from the PNW, Cali, SE, and other places. I like the input and experience, and hope to travel more and see other rivers. Just got off the Rogue last week. Beautiful river

Re: poster commenting on just green waves on Lochsa. Maybe at high water. I managed to spend some quality downtime in a couple of healthy sized holes there on a kayak run years ago. Made enough impression I haven't forgotten it.

- Jon
duct tape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014   #65
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Seriously though, I don't think there has been an unusually high number of accidents/lost gear so far this season (for a big water year), there's just more people using this site and more posts of all types...except kayaking trip reports...there seems to be less of them...
GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014   #66
Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Originally Posted by bucketboater View Post
From my experience Colobrahdo is essentially western Connecticut. A bunch of transplants trying to live the rei lifestyle. A bit of snow or a trickle of H20 creates a circus. Was on the lochsa 2 weeks ago at 20k . Everyone stayed with their boats and cleaned up the mess. Never saw a CO plate all weekend.
Sure a few of you are solid boaters, but the lack of precip and transplants create alot of carnage. Lots of snow, year round boaters and true locals give us a real advantage. Come on out in july when flows dip into your "3k highwater".
2 million more people, a little bigger than half the size, Less public land, 1 peak over 14,000, Great city life, NFL coach banned from college for cheating and a team full of steroid users. PS the Lochsa on a holiday weekend is a roadside crowded shitshow I'm sure you fit in real nice. Seatle claiming Idaho what a Joke.
swimteam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014   #67
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Originally Posted by shredjesse View Post
Haters be posting in here like airplanes don't exist and cars don't go.
It's about time someone said something sensible here! Thanks for the wisdom shredjesse!
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014   #68
Somewhere in, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1996
Well this thread is in the whitewater rafting section. Not the 'Colorado Boaters Only' section. Until the internet gets area codes and secret handshakes folks will stumble onto this site and join it if they want to.

Can we go back to arguing over whether Cats or rafts are better?
Soup76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014   #69
Fort Collins, Colorado
Oh man, the snow debate. I was a long time Portlander and LOVE Mt Hood and all NW mountains. Side note, I made my living snowboarding for many years and have spent time snowboarding all over the world.

Colorado and let me be clear Summit County is by far my least favorite place to snowboard. Very flat, very crowded and very dry snow. Dry snow sucks balls! Really I have had some days in Colorado that other consider epic and most of my time was spent scratching layers of crust unter 1.5 ft of fresh snow. I think Colorado has the best marketing when it comes to winter resorts and also have the family aspect to thank. A family can come and when Dad and kids ski Mom can sit in the hot tub or hit the shops in town under nice warm sunny days. Colorado is the perfect place for a family to vacation. If you want real terrain and good snow head further west!
T1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014   #70
La Grande, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2006
Originally Posted by captishmael View Post
"Let's not front though, Colorado is the bomb for all of its own reasons. But enough about Colorado after all the eastern 9/10 of Colorado really sucks."

So, triggle, you've never actually been here, right?
I've been to Colorado countless times and I really enjoy it. I just don't think it has better rivers or mountains when compared to the entire PNW.

triggle is offline   Reply With Quote