Clear Creek Closed Today for Tubers (Temporarily) - Page 4 - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting

Old 06-13-2013   #31
GoBro

BZN, Montana
Paddling Since: 2008
... they are tubers. Fuck 'em.

Also, lives and homes take priority over recreation particularly when there are many other opportunities available. It's not like every stream in the state is shut down.

Old 06-13-2013   #32

Golden, CO
Paddling Since: 1856
Speaking of tuber saftety. I see that a wooden fence is now going up on the lower section of the creek near the library. This will probably make it a lot harder to help out swimmers in trouble. I've pulled a few people and a dog out of the water there myself over the last couple years. They really need to keep this section open.
FrankC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #33

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankC View Post
Speaking of tuber saftety. I see that a wooden fence is now going up on the lower section of the creek near the library. This will probably make it a lot harder to help out swimmers in trouble. I've pulled a few people and a dog out of the water there myself over the last couple years. They really need to keep this section open.
I thought the same thing and shared that at the public forums about the project. They politely disagreed that the fences they were installing would impede rescue...
mountainsurf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #34

Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: '92
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankC View Post
I had to climb the fence to rescue a redneck female overcome by tubing fatigue today. Apparently,her blue jeans were not the right choice for the creek today. Her kids kept floating by while she was carping holding onto a rock mid stream. There needs to be a PFD rule on CC over 500.
Old 06-14-2013   #35

Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBrown View Post
There needs to be a PFD rule on CC over 500.
Either that or a complete "at your own risk" policy with no search and rescue option, let Darwinism thin the gene pool a bit...
Old 06-14-2013   #36

We talked to a cop yesterday and the reason they don't have "use at your own risk" signs is because all people see is "use" and that put liability back on the City.
robanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013   #37

Conifer, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensjustduckie View Post

Either that or a complete "at your own risk" policy with no search and rescue option, let Darwinism thin the gene pool a bit...
I agree with this. No rescuer should be called to put her/his life at risk for these folks.

Does anyone know if they get fined for losing their tube and littering the creek? I guess that could go for manless kayaks also though...

`...><((((>`...><((((>`...><(( ((>
Flohotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013   #38

C. Springs, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by andru187 View Post
I agree with this. No rescuer should be called to put her/his life at risk for these folks.

Does anyone know if they get fined for losing their tube and littering the creek? I guess that could go for manless kayaks also though...
I too agree. Why do we keep saving stupid people?
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013   #39

Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by andru187 View Post
True, but normally a kayaker will go to great lengths to find and recover their boat. A tire tube only costs 10 bucks so they feel fine losing it to the river, I wish they got littering fines for losing them or their beer cans.
Old 06-14-2013   #40

Conifer, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensjustduckie View Post

True, but normally a kayaker will go to great lengths to find and recover their boat. A tire tube only costs 10 bucks so they feel fine losing it to the river, I wish they got littering fines for losing them or their beer cans.
I was kidding about the manless kayak, but seriously a couple hundred dollar fine for littering a creek would probably change things on that stretch.

`...><((((>`...><((((>`...><(( ((>
Flohotter is offline   Reply With Quote