Cataraft Videos? - Page 9 - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-14-2016   #81

Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
Quote:
Originally Posted by badkins View Post
That was a great clip! I didn't realize the paudre was like that. Reminds me of Gold Canyon. Is there a lot more water like that from where the video ended or started?

ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1coby View Post
That was a great clip! I didn't realize the paudre was like that. Reminds me of Gold Canyon. Is there a lot more water like that from where the video ended or started?
It is short but VERY sweet. We put-in at Sports Car Corner, just below Upper Narrows, we ran Middle & Lower Narrows. Video is of Lower Narrows. Upper Narrows is probably too narrow for even a sport cat.
Below Lower Narrows is Stephen's Gulch put-in and miles of Class 3/4-.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016   #83

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
There are actually some harder sections higher up the river like Big South, Spencer Heights and Upper Narrows, but most of the rest of the Canyon below the narrows is class III or easier with a smattering of Class IV. Big South and Spencer heights have some very stout class V and VI drops.

Upper Narrows is pretty stout with Super Colider as a double drop with a large rock in the middle of the second drop and Whiteline, a large(8-10ft.) ledge drop with a tricky lead in. Lower Narrows is what is seen in the video and is a long technical and fast paced rapid.

Like I said, after the Narrows, it mellows significantly and is a great playboat run for kayakers and is where you'll start seeing commercial rafting. Its a great river and has something for everyone really.
Electric-Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016   #84

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
Very nice. Says a lot about your rowing when it looks so easy.

Any video of middles?

And let me know if you are running it again.
BruceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016   #85

Laramie, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1992
Quote:
Very nice. Says a lot about your rowing when it looks so easy.
HA! But thanks for the compliment. Did you miss my f-bomb at :45, or when I almost got knocked out of my seat at 1:40 and just barely got it straight before the big hole? It was not easy. I do have vid of the middles, but haven't watched it yet. We didn't scout any of it so there were some entertaining lines. Low water pinball stuff.

Quote:
Sweet!! That was awesome!
Thanks for helping me make it through my day!
Thanks!

Quote:
The put-in for the main Poudre run is just downstream of this rapid. It's 12 miles or so of III/IV. Unfortunately, at high water when the III/IV is super fun, the Upper-Middle-Lower Narrows are full on gnar. The narrows are most commonly run early or late season at low flows.
badkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016   #86

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Sweet looking run and nice video!

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
Rockgizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016   #87

dillon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Check out you tube "Cats on gore". Two buddies of mine during the 2010 Gore Race.
cfboomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016   #88

dillon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeyCatr View Post
There seems to be a bit of a disconnect it seems, when you search for Catarafting videos on youtube and Vimeo. I know there are lots of great videos out there but searching for them doesn't seem to produce them as well as I thought. I know better ones exist as I seem guys post them from time to time, yet those videos are hard to search. What are good catarafting videos you care to share? Ones that perhaps if you're stuck in a rut, away from the river for a bit, that you watch to get yourself back in that good head space?
You tube "Cats in Gore". two buddies of mine during the 2010(?) Gore Race.
cfboomas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cataraft