Cataraft Videos? - Page 8 - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-01-2016   #71

Rivertown, West Virginia
Paddling Since: 9:45
When rowing water like this it is easier than having them ripped out of your hands. And when the slot is as narrow as your boat it is the only way to fit.

I am an American Whitewater member. One of 6300. There are an estimated 100000 paddlers in the U S. If you are not a member you should join. AW is fighting for our rivers everyday and could use some help.
curtis catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2016   #72
Misspellingintothefuture!

Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
That has to be some of the sicker cat boating I've seen.
mattman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016   #73

seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric-Mayhem View Post
hahaa...I love how more then half the time the answer to running the rapid is to just line yourself up at the top and let go of the oars.
Sounds like we got a future record breaking waterfall contender here. You just line your kayak up and chuck your paddle at the lip. No way have you run one class 5 creek with this post. I'm sure of it.
bucketboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016   #74

Nye, Montana
Paddling Since: 2012
The river is gnarly and the boaters might be good who knows? The editor has a clear cut case of ADD and can only show 1 second clips. Made me dizzy. Would like to see a cat do at least 30 seconds straight before cutting to some other cat

As long as you are having fun who cares. I didn't like the editing but who cares. Have fun dude
Mattchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016   #75

seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchu View Post
The river is gnarly and the boaters might be good who knows? The editor has a clear cut case of ADD and can only show 1 second clips. Made me dizzy. Would like to see a cat do at least 30 seconds straight before cutting to some other cat

As long as you are having fun who cares. I didn't like the editing but who cares. Have fun dude
Then buy the movie. It's a 30 min vid. Had to comment since I was in it and boat with these guys. There's a lot more skill involved then just lining up and letting go of the oars.
bucketboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016   #76

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketboater View Post
Sounds like we got a future record breaking waterfall contender here. You just line your kayak up and chuck your paddle at the lip. No way have you run one class 5 creek with this post. I'm sure of it.
hahaa....not in a catarfaft I haven't no. Did you even watch that video? Half the drops they just let go of the oars at the top. Even Curtis said it was for a reason (that I figured was the case). I've run plenty of mid to lower class V rapids in a kayak in my young and dumb days. Obviously its different in Cataraft. The size and configuration dictates a certain lack of finesse compared to the more compact kayak.

Thanks for trolling though.
Electric-Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016   #77

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Having a wing span like a condor helps you keep those oars in your hands...or getting a reasonable width cat. My cat is the same width tube to tube as a shredder, I never drop my oars running slots, even when I end up in the river, my oars are still in my hands. Dropping your oars is like letting go of the wheel, but it's necessary when you run wide cats on tech rivers.
k2andcannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016   #78

Laramie, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1992
badkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016   #79
Misspellingintothefuture!

Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Sweet!! That was awesome!
Thanks for helping me make it through my day!
mattman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016   #80

Bend, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1992
14' Cataraft goes through Lava Falls

And I emphasize the through part

Tags
cataraft