Cataract Canyon Videos - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-14-2016   #1

Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 2008
Cataract Canyon Videos

I've been through the youtube videos over and over. Is there any other exciting Cat Videos out there?

tanderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2016   #2

Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 2013
George_Washington_Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016   #3

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
There's a link to a video here that'll get you all warm and fuzzy inside. Instead of linking to the NPS website it just downloads the wmv file to your PC. You can read some expert commentary on the run as well.

One of the later posts in the thread has a link to the NPS high water videos. There's enough to keep you entertained for awhile.

Enjoy!

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016   #4

Centennial, Colorado
JerkmyBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016   #5

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
There's a link to a video here that'll get you all warm and fuzzy inside. Instead of linking to the NPS website it just downloads the wmv file to your PC. You can read some expert commentary on the run as well.

One of the later posts in the thread has a link to the NPS high water videos. There's enough to keep you entertained for awhile.

Enjoy!

-AH
Thats cool (and scary). Most of the more recent videos on Youtube of Satan's Gut/BD3 part are from way up above BD2 and all you see is someone floating along and then they just drop out of sight and maybe 30 seconds to a minute later (or 20 minutes in the eyes of the people in it I'm sure) they come out upside down. Its cool to be able to see what is happening there and I wish more people shot video from that location.
Electric-Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016   #6
Misspellingintothefuture!

Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
That looked pretty exiting Hayduke!!
There are also a couple videos on a thread I started a while back, tanderson.
Come on, what else people got? I want to see!!
Old 07-15-2016   #7

Salt Lake City, Utah
Thanks for the info .i look forward boring the wife
Old 07-15-2016   #8

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post

Enjoy!

-AH

That is Pre-Claw Cataract correct?
Tyrrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016   #9

Paddling Since: 1994
yes.
Old 07-15-2016   #10

Salt Lake City, Utah
Here is a video from June of this season. Flow was around 42,000 I think. It may of been higher. They are in an 18' DIB self bailer.

What is the wave that takes my buddy out? He's 6'4 200 + lbs and gets washed off like he weighs nothing!

This is his 40th birthday present from Cat! He went under the boat only to come up the other side and hop back on. I believe they didn't flip because the oarsman was hanging on the bottom of the boat like a keel on a sail boat. We are calling this the "keel maneuver!"

They then proceeded to go into Satans Gut from river left backwards and sideways. We were eddied out with throw ropes ready, only to see them rocket on top of the hole and float down without flipping. Their eyes looked big as owls.

Good times.

Troy

Tags
cataract, cataract canyon