Old 07-25-2015   #11
Monte Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2014
Originally Posted by lmyers View Post
I didn't say once, I said several times. Perhaps coming from Monte Vista this is a tough run, coming from BV this is beginner water. We start people on the Milk Run here. If the op isn't comfortable with the bridge he can float Pallisade to South Fork. Gold Medal water that is worth the drive imo.

I stand corrected. I misread your first sentence. My apologies onthat.

I was also going off the OP's other posts about wanting to get some experience with other rafters before going out on his own (see:mentorship post) new raft. I'm assuming you saw those?

Either way, to each his/her own. The R.G. has claimed zero lives this year. The Arkansas is a bit of a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

SLVCampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015   #12
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I didn't read the other thread. Based on that though he may want to do a few local runs just to get a little time on the oars before driving down to the Rio.

GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015   #13
sao paulo, sao paulo
Paddling Since: 2010
I think the bridge is immediately following the put-in at WW. Strainers left and right with a bridge positioned at a tricky angle in the current. There is a reason the locals and local guides call it "Killer Bridge".
janet0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015   #14
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Upper Colorado - Pumphouse to Rancho fishes good. Roaring fork from Carbondale to the Colorado. If you r up for a road trip, float the Green - Flaming Gorge Section A & B. Awesome camping and unbelievable dry fly action.

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz
dryflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015   #15
Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2015
Thanks all for the posts and insights! Love it, keep it coming. All awesome info to help!

scottyt is offline   Reply With Quote