Old 03-09-2016   #71
Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
Originally Posted by ob1coby View Post
I'm thinking of doing the same thing. It seems like it may be the most versatile option. Yet another $200 dollar piece of equipment to buy and find room for on my boat. but on the up side, I can put the tents inside of the fence for a little added security, especially for the little ones.

ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016   #72
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 95
Just be careful when you get up in the middle of the night to take a whiz!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

Lebowski is online now   Reply With Quote
lafayette, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
Bear Fence Kit for Campers, Electric Bear Fence

This one is .35 joules, cabelas sells .12 joule set ups, not powerful enough IMHO
Time is like a river. You cannot touch the water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of life on or off the river. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016   #74
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Originally Posted by mtgreenheads View Post
I'm thinking it's cheaper and easier to pick up a fence rather than rebuild boxes. Do folks on this thread have any experience with fences on the market?

On our trip last year a member of our party knew the ranger at camp baker. He had told us of the upcoming bear proofing reg and offered us to demo this:
Counter Assault Pentagon™ Electric Bear Fence : Cabela's

Someone mentioned .12 joules isn't enough; I can't comment on that since nothing explored our camps but the fence itself was not a hassle at all. It's up in about 5 min and easily fit 4 boats worth of coolers and boxes inside it.

It packs up small and is pretty light. The only downside was hopping over it since I think you are supposed to keep the battery on the inside of the perimeter so it isn't knocked over, etc. and power is lost. We had a couple of close call crotch zaps...

New here by the way. Been stalking for awhile, finally felt like I had something constructive to add to a thread.

StarDog89 is offline   Reply With Quote