Old 01-08-2009   #11
Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Thanks so much for all the responses. I think for what they are asking this is a good deal to get started with. Thanks!!!!
__________________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #12
Buena Vista/Summit, N/A
Paddling Since: 2002
hey derekdean1, you should pump her up, top that bitch off with a barrel pump, not too hard on the floor(no bleader valve), only 5 full pumps. take a 5 gallon bucket filled with water, put a ton of dish soap in with the warm water, mix it up like you wanna make lots of bubbles and take rag or scrubby to the boat. scrub lightly over the entire thing(bottom of floor, top of floor) every square inch. those bubbles tell the truth about pin hole leaks, be sure to have a sharpy with you, mark all the leaks after wipin individually with rag. do some quick math. for every pin hole subtract 5 or 10 bones. I did this when I baught a shredder. it 100% tells the truth about the pin holes.
by the way I will be rowin a maravia down the grand starting in a week. I love those boats cuz they are tough, but just wish we could figure somethin out about the floors and storing them. good luck and dirka dirka

1whitewattafoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009   #13
InaRV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 12BC
Think about this...Commercial rafting companies rely on durability of rafts. What major company (in the US except for NARR) has maravias? not many. question answered.
bonzola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009   #14
Christopher Creek, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1969
Love my Maravia. The 15' boat handles like a fast, tight car while on the Grand. It handled the MF last Aug. at low flow just fine. The Forest Service and most of the guide-rowed boats on that river are Maravia. They are because they are damn tough boats but ask a MF guide about buying a used commercial boat and ten out of ten times they will tell you to keep looking. They beat the hell out of them day in, day out. The downside of my boat is that it is HEAVY out of water when compared to Hypalon.

fdon is offline   Reply With Quote