Old 03-12-2009   #11
redmond, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1999
I got this raft high desert river outfitters in Maupin, Oregon. He is a dealer so I just piggybacked the raft when he was ordering new boats last season. I was thinking the nrs compact outfitter, and go from there. It sounds like 8" oar mounts are the safe way to go. I would basically be using the frame for multi day trips, no fishing needs. Did you put tracks on your dry box to slide the seat into when your sitting on your drybox for multi day trips? Also on your multiday trips are you running 1 cooler, and 1 dry box or more stuff? I still want the drop floor for water jugs, rocket boxs,etc.. thanks for the info, I am still gathering all the data from everyone to see which way to go

eladio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009   #12
sounds like you got a sweet hookup on the rubber! (or plastic in this case )

Right now I run one dry box and one cooler with no drop floor. IMHO putting a seat on top of the dry box just makes it too high for the oarlocks so I only run a seat if I don't have the drybox in there. just ethafoam on the box and either stack items behind me for a backrest for the mild stuff or a stadium soft chair or whatever they are called work fine too. seats are really subjective, some can kind of mess with the angle of your thighs with the oars and people are really divided on seat backs and whether or not they mess with your stoke, etc. you honestly just have to play around.

if you want to run a seat and the other stuff get the bighorn II and with the seat bar and the extra 10" of frame. then you have a lot more room to play around. I recently ordered longer side rails so I could add a drop bag and table to my setup but I'm still going to have to sit on my box. what I used to do is put a folding everlast table on floor in the back and stack everything on top of there. and that works good. water jugs go well between the foot bar and the cooler. I'm hoping the drop bag is going to help with some of the harder to pack stuff.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote