Old 04-27-2015   #1
pnw, Washington

Anybody try this yet? Impressions? I am tired of the noise of the round ones.

racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015   #2
Grand Junction, Colorado
youll notice it still but it is less noise you cant get longer bars though i think they are a set length, for hauling kayaks i like longer bars to haul more load

flipper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015   #3
Bryson City, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 2000
I like mine

I just went through the exact debate and spoke to someone who already had a pair and decided to get them myself. I drive a jetta sportswagen and it was important to me that maintain my fuel efficiency as best I could while also knowing I would have racks on the roof 100% of the time.

The racks are not silent, but theyre much quieter than typical racks. Initially mine were whistleing a bit and I called whispbar and they were committed to figuring out the problem (which we did) and the bars no longer whistle. I can hold four boats easily on my room with a stacker. The rubber in the middle of the bar and theyre flatness are more valueable than I thought, as they hold they boat upright on their side much more easily and you dont deal with it sliding flat (which means its easier to load a boat when theres a smaller amount of bar space available if that makes sense).

Fuel efficiency is great! I am getting 45mpg (diesel) when riding with just the racks (no boats) on the roof.

Hope this helps!
loflo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015   #4
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
I have the Thule Aeroblades on my car. Pretty much the same exact design. Been there for years. Practically no noise at all when I don't have anything on them. Maybe hurts my fuel economy by 1-2 MPG, but thats a big maybe. When I have things on the roof I can hear road noise, but without them theres nothing.
mattoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015   #5
pnw, Washington
Thanks guys. I will sell what have now and buy these.
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote