Old 07-14-2014   #1
Two kayakers died on the Arkansas

Another kayaker dies on Arkansas River No one wants to start these kind of threads but I figured I would because it bothers me that after two kayaker deaths this past weekend, there is no thread acknowledging our fallen homies. RIP John Kennedy, while I don't think I knew John, he was a friend of a friend and is missed. And RIP to the unidentified boater who died Saturday. There are not many details in the article, so if anyone with more knowledge can chime in and we can learn something from these accidents that could prevent future tragedies, that would be appreciated. I do know that swimming in Pine Creek Rapid is life threatening due to the length and continuous nature having nearly lost a friend who swam out of the hole. Set safety or run in a pack. Stay safe!

Grif for President!
deepstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014   #2
dillon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Condolences to all involved. It's been a rough year.

chepora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014   #3
behind your mom, Colorado
News reports from saturday say a kayaker hit/pinned(?) on a rock between fisherman's and browns canyon. This is flat water? I'm assuming it must have occurred in browns? Anyone have anymore details on what exactly happened?
streetdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014   #4
Ridgway, Colorado
it was not in the was shortly below the putin for Browns. maybe a mile or 2 down. we floated by, and saw emergency crews pumping someone's chest on the river right shore...
jwolters4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014   #5
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 98
Very sad to hear condolences to friends and family. We all need to enjoy every second..
Myka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014   #6
May have seen it

We stopped for lunch before browns and as we pulled out a kayak with a go pro tower floated by. My son had earlier seen the same boat being drained by a fellow along the side of the river. He noted that he saw the guy earlier and he look very unstable.

zercon is offline   Reply With Quote

ark, arkansas