Old 06-09-2015   #31
Los Alamos, New Mexico
Paddling Since: 2011
A few of us took the SWR from RMOC this May. It was my first class but I thought it was good. They went over the course work in the morning, then we suited up and went to the river in the afternoon. The water work was done between Hecla Junction & Stone Bridge. They went over swimming, rope throwing, wading, live bait, unpinning, and other stuff. The instructors were helpful and fun to work with. Kudos to Tommy Gram & Kate Stepan.
I would definitely take it from them again.

manelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015   #32
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Paddling Since: 2014
Originally Posted by Read_N_Run View Post
I'm not sure what area you are looking in but I'm in the same "boat"

I could make the end of May courses and would like to find a June or July course here in CO.
Yea I am looking for something in CO too

jjeco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015   #33
Frisco, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1985
Thanks for the many kind words and recommendations. As always, great students make for great courses!

The days of Rescue 3 being viewed as 'agency specific' are long gone. Rescue 3 continues to set the standard with new techniques and a progressive curriculum including the new River Rescue Certifications (RRC and RRC-Pro).

Taking river rescue training for boaters to a new level, the 2-day River Rescue Certification (RRC) course is a hands-on, scenario-based rescue course designed specifically for whitewater boaters: kayakers, rafters, cat boaters, SUP paddlers, river boarders, and canoers. Students will receive internationally recognized certification through Rescue 3 International.

Additionally, the 3-day River Rescue Certification for the Professional (RRC-Pro) is a fast-paced, scenario-based rescue course designed to develop the ability to choose good actions when a river rescue is necessary. This hands-on and physical course focuses on quick reaction time and thorough understanding of options and resources.

This curriculum has been designed for individuals who spend a good portion of their lives on whitewater rivers in a professional capacity (specifically river guides and kayak instructors), or paddlers who already have a solid base of boating and basic rescue skills and are interested in working on the river in a professional capacity in the future.

Fire and SAR personnel should still take the NFPA-compliant Swiftwater Rescue Technician (SRT-1) course.

For those that are interested, Sawatch Rescue is offering a Rescue 3 International SRT-1 / WRT course June 18-20 on the Arkansas River in Buena Vista.

We will be scheduling additional courses later in the season as well so feel free to contact us for course dates and more information. For questions, additional information or to reserve your space on a course, email us at or call at 970-368-3255

Please contact us to register or if you have any questions!

Sawatch Rescue
(Campy and Eric)

Sawatch Rescue is offline   Reply With Quote