SRT-1 Suggestions - CO - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-06-2017   #1

Awesome, Colorado
SRT-1 Suggestions - CO

The wife and I are looking to take an SRT1 in the spring to increase our awareness, skills and safety on the river. Any suggestions for good companies/instructors to take this course with? Preferably on the Arkansas River as it's nearby; but willing to drive to Front Range if the courses run there are better.

Thanks!

climbbd510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2017   #2

Awesome, Colorado
Oh- we are rafters, not kayakers, if that makes a difference.
Old 01-06-2017   #3

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
Contact the Rocky Mountain Outdoor Center in Nathrop for the Ark and Rocky Mountain Adventures in Fort Collins for a Poudre option. I have had a lot of friends do the training through RMA and they have said really good things. RMA has held it every Memorial Day Weekend for the last 8 or so years. They bring in someone else to do the training and just host the program.
twmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017   #4

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
I did mine through Dvorak Expeditions in Nathrop on the Arkansas. There is a love hate with their company down there but I felt the training was good and I learned a lot. There was a couple that were commercial rafter only in my group and they worked well with them to keep them safe and teach them as much as they could.

I would recommend what ever company you go through they are certified by Rescue 3 International.

http://rescue3.com/
Old 01-06-2017   #5

FOCO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 91
Clear creek rafting usually has one every spring, all their guides have to have it, and have to recent every two years. And it's a class full of guides, great place to learn
Critter70 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017   #6
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
All are good choices. I've taken courses through DVK and Sawatch Rescue on the Poudre and on the Ark and had great, professional, hands-on courses. Sawatch Rescue with Campy and Eric is my favorite course of about five different SRT1 courses by far. Organized information, experienced instructors, and good on-river training time. They are also flexible on pricing with house certification, ACA certification, or R3 certification - which is huge if you're just taking the course for personal growth!
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017   #7

Awesome, Colorado
The R3 certification with Campy seems like exactly what we're looking for. We are using the class for our own growth and knowledge. I contacted Campy; just waiting to hear back.

Thanks!