My buddy who guides on it recommends a minimum of about 350 for it to feel like rafting and IKing. Mileage will vary on that. Sounds like a bit too much dragging for my taste below that range.
All the gauges have been mostly stable so far and we have seen a lot of rain in the last 10-14 days. They, the outfitters, would know more about agricultural releases though as I am not tapped into that network. Gauges on the CBRFC
show the flows redlined and plateaued for the next few weeks, if not dropping a little bit. Not sure if they are tied into reservoir releases or not though to make those predictions.
I would call the agency before making a trip for that information. The agency site
lists a current release of 286 cfs and has been steadily dropping for 3-5 days. They may be doing a release soon but I would verify it before spending the gas money myself. I wouldn't count on rain based increase in volume though.
My friend enjoys the stretch when its running. Tons of other stuff to locally for sure. This storm series has been persistant and its been overcast and a lot colder than May norms in the region, though I bet you are experiencing a similar pattern. The forecast discussion on NOAA
is predicting a strong chance of another storm series with high probabilities of precipitation starting friday night into Monday. That could obviously change but they have been largely accurate the last two weeks with these storms. As someone who lives nearby I would strongly consider their forecast in my decision. May has become our wet season in SW Utah the last 2 years and its not the classic monsoon like rain the desert is known for as the storms last multiple days of drizzle, hail and even some snow (that doesn't stick). Temps have mostly been in the mid-50s to mid-60s the last 2 weeks.
I can't say much though as I am heading up to meet friends in eastern Oregon and its predicted to be similar weather.
Hope you have a great trip, wether it be Sevier country or not. Enjoy your memorial day weekend.