Old 03-21-2014   #1
cedar city, Utah
San Juan River: Clay Hills downriver

Has anybody paddled down to Fatt Falls recently?

Been looking at maps for long term planning of linking as many sections of the Colorado River system together in my life and was curious about beta.

What shape is the old Puite Farms waterfall in? From the satellite imagery on the account I have it looks like its still a ledge drop at low levels. Is this correct?

Anybody have photos of the terrain at the top of Fatt Falls?

My goal is to eventually sea kayak down to Fatt Falls, carry or lower it down near/at the falls and then continue on down Lake to one of the takeout marinas. Its the last major arm of the Colorado in Powell that I have not either walked or solo kayaked. Hoping to explore it sometime before late autumn of 2015, likely this autumn if possible.

Any first hand info (paddling, hiking or over flights) would be greatly appreciated.

restrac2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #2
peoria, Arizona
I found Jack's report interesting.

Always thought about doing this trip also, but remains another of life's unaccomplished goals.

Solar powered inflatable crosses Lake Powell

deadlizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lost neon green ammo can near clay hills, san juan takeout Emmielou Lost & Found 2 08-01-2011 12:00 PM
San Juan River, mexican hat to clay hills this week Instant Karma Whitewater Kayaking 3 05-17-2011 08:54 PM
San Juan River MH to Clay Hills in 4 days AK Paddler Whitewater Kayaking 10 05-16-2011 01:40 AM
San Juan Mexican Hat to Clay Hills (looking to swap for alternative launch date) Bryan Whitewater Kayaking 0 05-08-2009 09:47 AM
May 4th Clay Hills (San Juan) hitch a ride? Tiggy Kayaking | Trip Planner 7 04-17-2009 01:23 PM

» Classified Ads
Badfish Hole Shot 11'...

posted by Tallresa

Brand new this summer, I used it on the American River in...

12' Hyside SB

posted by kevin paulson

Well used but loved early 80's 12' Hyside SB. Rubber Only....

Outcast Commander Demo...

posted by Riverboat Works

Perfect for the solo fisherman. Row thru the tough spots,...