Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Boaters Forum | General Boating Topics

Old 03-02-2014   #31
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Steamboat Town run

Not too many places listed here that you can float, eat and drink, and then continue on; with no driving required. Mishawaka is certainly in that catagory.
Downtown - river right, you can sometimes throw a rope to someone, tie up on the rocks, and climb the bank up to the back yard of Sunpies. Great po-boy sandwiches, and STRONG hurricanes and other thirst quenchers (not for the driver of course).
Pay your tab with a soggy twenty, and jump back in for the C hole...

markinsteamboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014   #32
Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Originally Posted by markinsteamboat View Post
Pay your tab with a soggy twenty, and jump back in for the C hole...
Also add stops at Sweetwater and Double Z before the C hole.

Certainly enjoyed 5 mile bar and Buckskin Bill's on the Main, porter root beer float...

kayakfreakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014   #33
Originally Posted by lhowemt View Post
Ba-da-BOOM! This is akin to people saying "Lower Main Salmon". It is the Lower Salmon, there is no other Lower Salmon to differentiate, and the Main Salmon is not called the Main Main Salmon, so the Lower is just the Lower.

Rich are you coming up to Idaho this spring? Looks to be a good year to hit the Lochsa and others.
Plan on being in Yellow Pine for the 4th of July.
Really hope to catch the South Fork at a proper level.
Right now the snow pack in Colorado is shaping up to be a great year so might stay close to home for May & early June.
Rich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014   #34
Originally Posted by elkhaven View Post
Pole Bridge Saloon NF Flathead river
Had forgotten the Pole Bridge Saloon, my daughter used to guide on the Flathead and I have pulled in at Pole Bridge for a cold one.

Originally Posted by fourtyfloater View Post
Just have to say that this thread has had the most useful info of anything I have read here in months. Nobody bitches when it comes to booze threads. Bar at Pleasure Park after running the Gunny Gorge is always a good way to end the day. Nothing fancy but does the job.
Was not sure if LeRoy's Pleasure Park was still open. It has been years since he ran our shuttles in a beat up Suburban held together with duct tape.
Rich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014   #35
boizee, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1984
I have very fond memories of pizza and sierra Nevada on tap on an outdoor patio in downieville after my first nf yuba many years ago. Not quite the take out (we did Rossascos that day) but would work if coming off of moss canyon I think. Bliss.
boicatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014   #36
Western Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Pleasure Park still open even though LeRoy passes several years ago. His wife Caroline still runs the place.
fourtyfloater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014   #37
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Originally Posted by jmacn View Post
Also Garlands has amazing brews and sandwiches at the put-in for the Indian Gardens section. Headed there now, 1000 cfs!
Damn, sounds like fun right now. Hope you had a good run, I love Oak Creek.
GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences. https://garna.org
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014   #38
Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 2002
3 laps yesterday. Amazing day in Sedona. I wonder if anyone went for the AZ trifecta? Ski, paddle, ride? The paddling was too good to care about a powder day or perfect trail conditions.
jmacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014   #39
Fresno, California
Paddling Since: 1990

Kern: If you run the upper down to the park you end in up Kernville so u have allot of choices. The Hut, The Sportsman, River View, Kernville Saloon and a short drive up road is Kern River Brewery

Kaweah: You can have drinks at The Gateway Restaurant at put in then stop at River View for lunch. Patio is right over river, pull up boat and walk in. Pick up 12er at the gas station by the “Slickies” you are good to go

South Fork American: Run the upper and take out at 49 bridge u can take a short walk to the River Shack or Coloma Club. Greenwood take out is just down road. Also, grab more suds at gas station for lower.

North Yuba : Downieville Put in for Rossaco Ravine take for Moss Canyon. Walk up from river right and take your choice, cool old gold mining town.

These two are a short drive from takeout but are on way and are total classics.

Tuolumne: Iron Door in Groveland. Boaters, bikers, local tweekers and French tourists on their way to Yosemite all hanging together at California’s oldest bar ( or so they say)

North Fork American: ( Giant Gap) Head to the Cape View on Hwy. 174 outside of Colfax. It might be called The Red Frog now but either way it has a great patio w/ a view back into Giant Gap that is really nice. Catch it at sunset and it was totally worth the short drive off of 80.
Villainista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014   #40
Wild Wild West, Colorado
Alas, Bedrock Store has been closed for the past few years. Would make a good Mountain Buzz International Headquarters.

Gateway takeout on the Dolores has a swanky resort with very clean bars and restaurants with no prohibition on river stink. All I could think of when eating there after load-out was: "How much for the little girl?"

Droboat is offline   Reply With Quote